Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The Immunologist in this position will provide leadership, scientific guidance and immunopathology support for basic research and preclinical safety projects in several therapeutic disciplines including central nervous system, inflammation, and oncology. As a senior member of the global Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) organization you will also collaborate with toxicologists and biologists at the Basel and Zurich sites, and will contribute to the overall immunology capabilities throughout the entire research organization.
In this position you will:
- Be leading teams of experienced immunologists and technical staff at our facilities in Basel and Zurich for Immunology supporting both small molecule and therapeutic protein programs
- Coordinate all internal immunopathology activities to support toxicological/non-clinical safety evaluations of development compounds, and externally with contract laboratories, consultants, and development partners
- Liaise with Toxicology Project Leaders, pathologists and other scientists and project teams to optimize project support and provide expert advice in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Establish immunopathology strategies and approaches; build effective interfaces and influence with other PS departments
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have a PhD, DVM or MD with at least 10 years post PhD/post-doctoral experimental immunology experience within industry and an excellent understanding of basic and current immunology and the ability to apply this knowledge to complex issues. Furthermore, you have proven abilities in leading and developing teams and organizations.
In addition you have:
- Demonstrated ability to make sound scientific interpretations and assessments of immunology data and its relevance to human safety
- Experience in developing biologics, namely mAbs, peptides, new entities (e.g. fusion/bispecific molecules) and immune engaging molecules
- A specialization in clinical pathology would be a plus
- Ability to work in a global team environment and to effectively communicate with different stakeholders
- Strong track record in managing teams of scientific experts as well as a proven track record of publishing in peer reviewed journals
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Research
- Subfunction Toxicology / Preclinical Safety / Pathol
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Manager
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2017/08/14
- Job-ID 3412118746