Quality Data Scientist
Quality Data Scientist
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
United States, California, San Francisco
United Kingdom, England, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Roche is hiring a data scientist to help shape the future of Quality Analytics. This role within PDQ area, will report into the Data Analytics Team Lead. The perfect candidate will have experience building products that support data-driven decision-making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in data science projects.
You will conduct analyses and, as necessary, and will be responsible for building Data Science solutions to deliver PDQA Quality Strategy. This is a unique opportunity to work on a team that shapes how Roche ensures the quality of our clinical trials and the safety of our patients:
Working on highly cross-functional projects, your contributions will have a high level of visibility, and will enable our team to have a profound impact on the global organization.
As a data scientist, you will join our team of Quality Data Scientists and Leads, and will work closely with PDQA auditing and strategy teams to ensure that data are used in a way that is fit for purpose and support strategic decisions.
- Supports analytics and reporting strategy to strengthen or challenge PDQA data and build a well-rounded picture of our state of compliance
- Creates functional and cross-functional collaborations with internal and external teams to ensure continuous improvement, use of innovative tools and technology
- Enhance data collection procedures as well as do ad-hoc analysis and presenting results
- Contribute to the development and execution of PDQA goals and initiatives
- Perform other tasks as assigned by line management
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a professional with Degree (MSc., PhD) in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting on data (i.e., computer science, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent work experience. Business Experience:
- Proficiency in R and/or Python required
- Experience developing shared code (e.g., version control, programming patterns, libraries/packages) and creating data pipelines
- Proficiency with classical statistics and machine learning approaches to fitting models and estimating their performance
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, including the ability to present highly technical subject matter to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with relational database management systems, as well as large and heterogeneous data sets from different sources
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com
. EEO is the Law PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel | United States, California, San Francisco | United Kingdom, England, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Function Quality & Compliance
- Subfunction Quality Systems
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2017/12/01
- Posted until 2017/12/29
- Job-ID 3231532803