Senior Real World Data Analyst
Senior Real World Data Analyst
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The Senior Real World Data (RWD) Science Analyst partners closely with RWD Scientist to translate RWD into evidence and insights to enable better decisions for Roche medicines in order to enable personalized healthcare and improve patient care. The Analysts are primarily responsible for the execution of analytics and are experts in which RWD sources and analysis methodologies, tools and technologies can be tailored to address a specific research question.
The Analysts support pre-approval and post-approval programs across Roche and work closely with a variety of stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage RWD in order to close evidence gaps, aid decision making and increase knowledge and understanding.
- Subject matter expert on RWD (non-interventional studies, electronic medical records, claims data, disease registries, clinico-genomic datasets etc)
- Work closely with RWD Scientists to translate business needs into research questions that can be answered leveraging available data
- Co-develop statistical analysis plans, outline appropriate analysis methodologies and follow applicable policies and processes that uphold research credibility and scientific rigor
- Excellent verbal and written skills when communicating results, potential bias, advanced methods, and scope of inference from analyses to stakeholders
- Build strong collaborative networks internally with stakeholders, and externally with academics, vendors and Contract Research Organisations (CROs) etc.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Influence globally located matrix teams supporting a molecule and lead projects
- Continually seek out, learn and adopt new tools, methods and coding languages as big data and advanced analytics technologies evolve and help to develop and disseminate this knowledge throughout the group
- Actively packages, modularise or wraps code in functions/macros to share and collaborate with peers
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Experience analyzing RWD (non-interventional studies, electronic medical records, claims data, disease registries, clinico-genomic datasets etc):
- Graduate degree in a Data Science related field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Computer Science)
- Fluent in a statistical programming language (e.g R/Python)
- PhD in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, computer science, computational biology)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated experience with and track record of implementing reproducible research practices like version control and literate programming.
- Aware of strategies and technologies required to undertake analyses on large data sources or with computationally intensive steps (e.g. SQL, parallelisation, Hadoop, Spark, and other methods for distributed computing)
- Can develop interactive outputs (e.g. R Shiny, Flask, Open CPU), and able to tweak output (e.g. hack solutions from existing js, html and css)
- Is a contributor to open source packages, libraries or functions
- Experience with specialist machine learning libraries like Keras, Theano or Tensorflow
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Development
- Subfunction Biometrics / Biostatistics
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2017/11/29
- Posted until 2017/12/29
- Job-ID 3403693826