Global Resource Manager
Global Resource Manager
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The Global Resource Manager is an integral business partner assigned to key stakeholders at all management levels within and beyond the Pharmaceutical Sciences Organization (PS) to drive accurate and efficient resource planning and demand, and to enable PS to utilize the available resources to deliver a dynamic research and drug development portfolio. Pharmaceutical Sciences is a global interdisciplinary Organization within Roche Pharma Early Research and Development (pRED) comprising all aspects of non-clinical Safety as well as non-clinical and clinical Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics and Biomarker Development.
The Global Resource Manager’s responsibilities are integral to PS to define accurate resource forecasting, planning, and allocation to ensure correct budgeting and optimal use of resources. This is conducted by working in partnership with functional and project representatives to update and maintain associated planning systems, creating reports, conducting contextualized data analyses, and making recommendations to drive informed business critical decision making. In this role you will:
- Work as key business partner to stakeholders within PS and pRED to maintain resource, cost and timeline planning and ensure high standards of data quality in the Integrated Project Plans using Roche Corporate planning and accounting tools as well as PS internal tools and databases.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Roche project portfolio as well as judgement of the individual resource requirements associated with the different development phases of a project.
- Evaluate, conduct and deliver contextualized data analyses and define and create customized reports in order to make guided recommendations to the functional heads and project teams to enable managing of resource issues, gaps, and budgets.
- Function as a planning subject matter expert for PS or pRED organizational initiatives and collaborate with other Roche business groups to deliver and maintain business rules, guidelines, and templates for managing resource planning, tracking and forecasting.
- Improve databases and tools currently in use in PS for resource/portfolio planning and tracking in collaboration with Informatics groups, external providers and PS stakeholders.
- Provide relevant planning system training and documentation across PS as required.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have minimum a Master’s degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline with several years’ experience in non-clinical drug development in pharmaceutical industry or at a CRO. Combined with proven experience in Project Management, resource and timelines planning or controlling. A certification in Project Management, MBA or similar would be a plus. In addition you are/have:
- Expert proficiency in MS Office especially Excel (incl Visual Basic, pivoting etc.). Experience with MS Project as well as data visualization tools (e.g. Tibco Spotfire). Proficiency in the use of resource management systems and data management tools.
- Good understanding of the drug development process and non-clinical activities required during the different phases of drug development.
- Hands on experience of resource and budget allocation and resourcing in research and development (including outsourcing) in a matrix organization, whilst working with multiple processes and projects.
- Ability to understand and translate often complex or detailed information into simple, brief reports whilst highlighting issues and investigating the source of issue. Ability to spot inconsistencies, think creatively and create solutions.
- Ability to balance heavy workload and aggressive timelines whilst having an attention to detail and maintaining flexibility to adapt to changing requests and timescales.
- Ability to function in a small team both independently and interdependently within a global organization and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer focused interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communications to suit the audience both verbally and in writing.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Research
- Subfunction Toxicology / Preclinical Safety / Pathol
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2017/10/24
- Job-ID 3425663151
Get in touch
Sabine Wehren +41 61 688 84 62
Work location: Basel