Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
The Global Customer Support (GCS) documentation departments provide customer-oriented end-user documentation as well as service documentation. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Manuals, Quick Start Guides, Service Manuals, Interface Manuals, and state-of-the-art User Assistance.
You are the Technical Writer who
- Writes and updates service documentation in English for Roche Molecular Diagnostics systems, while respecting project requirements and documentation standards.
- Create, review and maintain training content and training documentation for dedicated systems.
- Perform troubleshooting to write instructions how to handle error codes.
- Independently collects information required to produce the documents.
- Cooperates closely with project teams and subject matter experts.
- Organizes documentation reviews by subject matter experts, and implements their input.
- Ensures that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected.
- Is enthusiastic about technical writing and contributes to frequent discussions aimed at the continuous improvement of our processes and guidelines.
The advertised position offers:
- Work in an international professional documentation department
- Close collaboration with service personnel, hotliners and customers
- Flexible working hours
- Work in an interdisciplinary, international and young team
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role you bring the following:
- Electronic or mechanical apprenticeship; a further education e.g. in informatics is a plus
- Experience in service & support with a technical background, preferably in the medical field and in a regulated environment
- Proven experience in technical writing, preferably in a diagnostics business environment.
- Proven experience with Adobe Framemaker (structured) or a similar authoring tool.
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Familiarity with software development processes.
- Ability to communicate in an international environment and motivating colleagues from other departments.
- Willingness to travel occasionally
The following would be a plus:
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Good spoken command of German.
- Familiarity with laboratory systems and environments.
Who we are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics’ main sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
- Function Sales & Marketing
- Subfunction Customer Service
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Diagnostics
- Posted since 2017/11/27
- Job-ID 3426073407