Scientific Application Developer
Scientific Application Developer
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
Our team in Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) Informatics is part of Roche’s global Research & Early Development Organization. The mission of our team is the design, development and delivery of innovative integrated scientific informatics solutions and platforms focusing on data capture, analysis, and visualization of chemical, biological and biomedical data to support scientific decision making in all stages of the drug development processes and finally to deliver new innovative treatments to the patients.
In this position you will:
- Design, develop and implement agile innovative scientific information management solutions to analyze and visualize the scientific data in the disease and translational area
- Work closely with data scientists, domain experts and enterprise architects to generate seamless solutions for scientists
- Act as the technical project manager, who is responsible for the technical design considerations and decisions as well as resource planning estimates of various size project and/or as team member contributing to project teams
- Collaborate and share your knowledge with colleagues in Basel and other locations
- Contribute and drive the successful implementation, integration and utilization of new future-oriented technology platforms in a very dynamic team oriented environment
- Continuously learn new things and look into new technology scouting to keep yourself up-to-date with new trends
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are a self-motivated, flexible and open team player with a passion for solving complex software engineering tasks to join a multi-cultural team working on innovative approaches in a science-driven industry.
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics or Medical Informatics or related programs and a good understanding and/or interest in medicine, biology and chemistry
- Strong expertise in the design of flexible, scalable and robust software solutions based on modern web technologies through the exploitation of standardized technology platforms
- Deep knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Java/JEE, Modern Web Application Development, Micro Service Architectures, Relational and Non-relational Databases; Experience in Scientific Data Visualization, Machine Learning and/or High Performance Computing is a plus
- Experience in technical project management and agile Software Development methodologies; Leadership of cross-functional and distributed project implementation teams
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with a strong focus on delivery
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Research
- Subfunction Other Research
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2017/05/23
- Job-ID 3088947143