Data Scientist Tumor Board
Data Scientist Tumor Board
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
Roche Diagnostics has built a new strategic area charged with creating a modern portfolio of decision support software products that change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital and intelligently process and present this data to clinicians, researchers, and caregivers to improve research outcomes and patient care.
As the Data Scientist for Tumor Board Analytics, you are responsible for driving development of advanced analytics projects to further improve functionalities of our NAVIFY Tumor Board product, a software solution for managing tumor boards and aligning oncology care teams on treatment decisions. In close cooperation with members of an agile development team, you will design and execute advanced analytics projects building on a wide range of process-generated, curated, and other data sets.
In this position, you will also ensure that design, execution, and presentation of analysis results are adhering to industry standards and potentially re-define industry standards. To ensure that optimum medical value for Tumor Board users is received, you will rely on your oncology expertise and analytical skills. You will couple them with advanced analytics and your ability to interact with other experts such as biostatisticians, clinical scientists and oncologists. In addition, you will maintain and expand knowledge of available data sources and applicable state-of-the-art analysis methodologies (including supervised and unsupervised techniques, time series, dimensionality reduction, etc.) and languages and tools (R, Python, (no-) SQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
In this position, you are:
- Driving data science in agile analytical software development teams and develops solutions to support insight generation facilitating successful development, verification and commercialization of diagnostics services & products
- Maintaining and expands knowledge of and access to available and meaningful data sources within and ex Roche Diagnostics, and their application to TB customer needs
- Using and continues to cultivate strong working relationship with global colleagues and customers and builds a strong network in order to jointly explore vendor relationships, data assets, analytical methodologies and toolsets
- Performing high quality, timely and accurate analyses using appropriate state-of-the-art methodologies, tools and resources
- Building and maintains partnerships with data scientists and analysts, biostatistics, and other key contacts
- Responsible for planning and timely delivery of assigned projects
- Committed to offering innovation, finds opportunities to enhance ways of working (including processes, methods, technology etc.) and shares new techniques and lessons learned pro-actively with peers
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- M.S. or advanced degree in data science related field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, health economics, computer science, outcomes research)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in oncology, either by education or professional experience
- Programming experience with R, Python, and/or other statistical software packages
- Proven practical experience in applying machine learning techniques to large, diverse data sets
- Exposure to machine learning and big data analysis methods and platforms
- Strong statistical programming skills in R, Python or another analytical language
- In-depth knowledge of relational database principles and corresponding query language skills (e.g. SQL)
- Experience using big data platforms such as Hadoop (Spark is a plus)
- Experience in applying statistical modeling, machine learning, exploratory, and confirmatory data analysis in mid to large volume data sets
- Familiarity with regulatory framework and guidelines for pharma/diagnostics products is an asset
- Excellent communication skills; ability to negotiate successfully; strong influencing skills; self-contained and outgoing approach
- Strong prioritization, solution-finding skills and attention to detail; Embraces and endorses change
- Good knowledge of English in a business environment
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Information Technology
- Subfunction Other IT
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Diagnostics
- Posted since 2017/12/01
- Posted until 2017/12/31
- Job-ID 3450596341