Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 214342BR Position Title Director Pricing Policy Division CORPORATE Business Unit NOV CORPORATE AFFAIRS Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Communications & Public Affairs Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description Provide Novartis with thought leadership and lead policy development related to the pricing of medicines. Implement Novartis’ strategy and tactics to shape external healthcare policy to maximize the long-term value for patients, society and Novartis. Support the global Value & Pricing policy practice group to make progress towards the overarching vision and performance objectives.
• Lead Novartis pricing policy development, resulting in high-impact Novartis positions, sound facts-base and expertize
• Address current cost containment and pricing pressures: monitor environment and proactively develop policy proposals that maximize long-term value in Novartis’ innovative, generics and biosimilars businesses
• Drive transformation of payment and pricing systems: create political support for tiered pricing proposals, oncology combination pricing and early access models
• Enable long term sustainable business models: Develop policy solutions that incent health systems to move towards valuebased assessments and a payment for outcomes approach Shape external healthcare policy
• Provide high quality and timely input to above-country policy setting / influencing bodies such as WHO, OECD, G7 or G20
• Engage external groups to conduct policy research in areas of Novartis interest
• Selectively and strategically engage in Industry Associations (e.g. IFPMA, Efpia) Effectively collaborate across the organization and with Industry peers
• Provide hands-on and continuous support to country- and region associates to take leadership roles in local pricing policy discussions.
• Ensure global franchises and brand teams’ approach to pricing is aligned with Novartis overarching political objectives and policies
• Support the global Pricing and Value policy practice group on priority topics Minimum requirements • Masters/PhD, e.g. in law, economics, public health, health policy or business administration
• PhD in business administration or MBA
• Min. 5 years in the Pharma industry or Pharma related policy environment
• Min. 1 year in operational and/or strategic Pricing positions
• Experience in an external policy setting body such as OECD, WHO, World Bank desirable
• Strong interpersonal and partnering skills.
• Proven ability to work with high impact in a matrix organization, and to lead with influence and personal power rather than positional authority