Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 199595BR Position Title Senior Legal Counsel-Litigation Division CORPORATE Business Unit Group Legal Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis International AG Functional Area Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Senior Legal Counsel-Litigation will act as Lead lawyer for significant disputes of group materiality that have a significant impact on the business, in particular group material litigations and investigations, including in large countries. Role includes the independent global management of existing and new significant disputes for the Novartis Group in non-US and in US markets with the objective to sustain excellence, to reduce litigation risks, to apply consistency throughout the Novartis Group as well as to achieve optimal litigation outcomes.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:.
• With an enterprise viewpoint and minimum supervision, globally leads and oversees significant and complex disputes that have a significant impact on the business, in particular group material litigations and investigations in non-US and US markets;
• Is accountable for litigation and dispute resolution strategies in group material cases, and provides creative solutions to complex issues;
• Provides expert advice on and coordinates complex internal investigations and cross-border disputes, and is able to apply in-depth knowledge outside dispute resolution area;
• Provides counsel on a variety of key litigation and investigation topics to stakeholders and other functions, including Global Security, Compliance, Communications, Divisional General Counsel, Human Resources,
• Strong in internal and/or external influencing to achieve objectives; Leads from a litigation and investigation point of view global large scale projects; Monitors legislative developments and trends in the area of large scale investigations and litigations and engages in defined litigation policy activities worldwide. Minimum requirements • Common law or civil law qualified lawyer and qualified attorney–at-law (Bar admission) with proven, practical and long-standing experience in the handling of large scale and complex litigations
• Fluent English, knowledge of French and/or German is a plus
• Minimum 12-15 years post Bar experience preferred; ideally gained with an healthcare / pharmaceutical environment, or alternatively, with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare & technology clients
• Ability to analyze complex legal issues
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; together with a high ability to influence and negotiate
• Proven ability to deal positively when working within tight pressures & demanding clients
• Strong experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple, often complex projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate professional & culturally sensitive work ethic.