Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 215430BR Position Title Master Student Division NIBR Business Unit AUTO/TRANS/INFL - NIBR Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Interns/Students on Novartis Payroll Job Type Full Time Employment Type Internship Job Description The department of autoimmunity, transplantation, and inflammation (ATI) of the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is looking for a talented and motivated recent Master graduate student for a 6-months internship to work on computational biology questions.
• The student will work together with our computational biology team and with the experimental labs providing rich data from cutting edge technologies like FACS sorting, RNAseq, single cell RNAseq, or CyTOF mass cytometry.
• The successful applicant will implement, explore and extend several publicly available approaches and visualization tools for rich data analysis. The resulting findings can then be directly implemented with the interface to the experimental labs.
• The student will present and discuss the findings in lab and group meetings. Minimum requirements Recent Masters Graduate with quantitative background (applied mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or related field)
- Solid programming skills in R and/or python.
- Hands-on experience with Linux. Ability to develop, implement, and benchmark algorithms.
- Previous experience in omics data analysis, bioconductor is a plus.
- Interest in expanding knowledge of biological sciences and desire to learn.
- Excellent English (oral and written) and your knowledge of the German language, or other language, will be advantageous