Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 213282BR Position Title Research Investigator Immunology / Dermatology Division NIBR Business Unit Research Europe Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description The Autoimmunity, Transplantation & Inflammation (ATI) Disease Area at NIBR is a group of more than 200 scientists using a diverse array of novel approaches and cutting-edge technology to develop drugs that improve the lives of individuals suffering from immune-mediated and inflammatory diseases.
ATI is seeking an innovative and highly motivated scientist to initiate and lead research projects focusing on the identification and validation of relevant signaling pathways and nodes with the aim to discover novel drug candidates for inflammatory/autoimmune skin diseases.
You will be involved in early drug discovery activities up to clinical proof-of-concept studies in patients. As an integral part of this endeavor you will have access to a broad spectrum of skill sets by collaborating with other scientists, immunologists, clinicians, and technology experts.
You will head a state-of-the-art laboratory and work in, and ultimately lead, cross-functional project teams.
We encourage that your scientific work will continue to result in impactful publications in peer-reviewed journals. Minimum requirements • PhD or MD PhD with strong background in skin biology and cellular/molecular immunology
• Several years of post-doctoral training with focus on skin biology / pathophysiology and experienced with skin biology-related techniques (explant culture, single cell suspension / FACS analysis, working with human disease samples )
• Experience in work-up of complex data sets / bioinformatics is considered an advantage.
• Experience as an independent research scientist in an academic setting and/or in the pharmaceutical/biotech sector
• Significant scientific accomplishments and successful collaborations documented by publications in high-impact journals
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written)