Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 198402BR Position Title Inhalation Analytical Expert Division Global Drug Development Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description Drive the method development and lead the analytical activities for the development of inhaled dosage forms and for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances and drug products to supply clinical studies as a member of a multifunctional project team coordinated by a Project Leader.
Within the Inhalation Analytical Research and Development Team we develop, validate and perform analytical tests for drug substances (DS) and drug products (DP) as part of inhalation drug product development programs and provide key contributions for analytical aspects of DS and DP development. The successful candidate will work across different development programs and project stages. In this position you will be the analytical functional expert for projects on inhalation drug substances and dosage forms, starting from early development through to transfer to pharmaceutical production.
Main responsibilities are to design, plan, perform, interpret and report results of analytical experiments for the preparation and timely delivery of DS and DP. This includes the development of analytical methods, validation, release and stability analysis in compliance with GxP standards and regulatory requirements. You are working in a communicative dynamic environment with a flat hierarchy, where you can support the projects with your initiative. Besides this, the position offers opportunities to work in multidisciplinary and international teams. Minimum requirements Education:
MS or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Food Chemistry or Biochemistry with a broad scientific and technical knowledge in analytics.
Advanced degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) is desirable
Proficiency in English (oral and written), basic German skills are desirable.
- The ideal candidate would have successfully demonstrated several years (minimum of 3 years) of directly related experience as analytical expert in pharmaceutical industry or Ph.D. with post-doctoral/industrial experience (minimum of 1 year), has a thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation/equipment for broad field of applications and has a proven track record in HPLC / UHPLC method development.
- Strong knowledge of relevant GLP and GMP regulations and policies are desirable.
- Experience in the analytics of inhalative dosage forms is advantageous.
- Good knowledge of software and computer tools is a prerequisite.
- Good presentation skills as well as experience in scientific writing are expected.
- The candidate should be eager to take on responsibility, have a team oriented working style and a flexible mindset.
- A positive attitude to work in a highly cross-functional and collaborative environment is key.