Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 221044BR Position Title Team Head, Medical Device Development Division Global Drug Development Business Unit TECHNICAL R & D GDD Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description The successful candidate will lead a cross functional Device Development Team (Device Engineers, Device and Human Factors Engineers, Lab Head and Technicians), consisting of multiple product development project team members and a total of 20-30 associates, ensuring that both strategic and operational objectives are met or exceeded by setting appropriate priorities for the team.
1) Ensures the optimal set up of people and assets, in order to best serve project needs consistently and with high quality. Makes sure that all deliverables are achieved against agreed upon project timelines and with committed resources for development, technological and technical life cycle management projects assigned to the team.
2) Ensures that long term budget planning is done and aligned with the Global Pharmaceutical Development Unit budget, budget targets are maintained and tracked, reported on a monthly basis.
3) Ensures high quality in the device development and manufacturing processes including preparation of clinical supplies in collaboration with MS&T/PharmOps/ESO to ensure timely launch.
4) Ensures best-in-class partnership with third parties.
5) Works with Packaging and Device Development leadership team and Franchise Heads to ensure proper allocation of projects and people across the project teams according to project needs, provides effective guidance to the team in terms of functional knowledge, expertise and skills.
6) Ensures the continuous improvement of processes to reach high quality standards, productivity targets and operational excellence.
7) Ensures best practice sharing, knowledge exchange, and cross-functional support.
8) Ensures compliance to all relevant standards (e.g. HSE, GMP, ISECO).
9) Acts as member of the Packaging and Device Development leadership team and ensures proper communication of all relevant topics into the unit.
10) Effectively manages the interface between the team and stakeholders in other functions especially with Packaging Development, PDU Analytical R&D Team (as applicable) and Formulation & Process R&D Team and other functions as applicable.
11) Ensures that activities and products are delivered in compliance with all relevant corporate and legal guidelines on HSE and quality requirements.
12) Assumes full direct people management responsibility for all team associates.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS 17.09.2017 Minimum requirements Education:
Degree in scientific or relevant discipline. Ph.D. in scientific or relevant discipline is highly desirable.
Excellent English required (oral & written)
1. Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the medical device development field; minimum of 3 years in a leadership position
2. Proven track record of successfully managing interfaces to other functions.
3. Deep experience in medical device development incl. handover to production. Understanding Pharmaceutical development from early to late phase is desirable
4. Knows regulatory requirements and future trends; ensures full compliance of the operation
5. Develop strategic and operational goals; engage and align the entire organization around these goals
6. Setup a structure and mindset of continuous improvement; flexibly adapt to changing customer requirements