Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 212372BR Position Title Technical Accounting Specialist - FRA Operations, Multiple Locations Division NBS Business Unit FRA Operations NBS Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Audit & Finance Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description This role is advertised for Basel however the successful candidate could be based at any European Novartis office
The Technical Accounting Specialist within Financial Reporting and Accounting (FRA) Operations is a great opportunity for an individual with experience in Public Accounting looking for a diverse role with a global scope.
The responsibilities include:
• assisting the Heads Financial Reporting and Accounting (FRA) Operations
• Technical Accounting and Consolidation and Reporting in ensuring accounting compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards
• reviewing potential Business, Development & Licensing (BD&L) and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) deals for optimal accounting treatment, and assisting in the financial due diligence on these transactions
• monthly analysis/review of financial statements, including balance sheet, cash flows, summary of intangible assets, and other income and expense
• providing assistance in the quarterly and annual intangible impairment review/testing procedures
• maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley Act processes for Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations divisions' global controls
• various monthly/quarterly reporting activities for the Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations divisions
• providing accounting / reporting support as Single Point of Contact for identified division, function, region, and for identified area/s of technical accounting.
• Responsible for fostering cross-divisional alignment of accounting and reporting guidance in identified subject matter expertise area.
The major accountabilities are:
• Responsible for accounting compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards as interpreted by Group and includes assisting the Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting Ops Technical Accounting in the following:
Monitoring developments in :
- International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP and setting accounting policies for Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations divisions in conjunction with Group and communicating these policies to the local entities
- Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations divisions, Business Units (BU’s), and functions etc
- Investigating financial accounting policy issues and recommending and implementing actions as appropriate.
- Providing technical accounting support to local entities, regions and functions (in line with the responsibility matrix) for complex / significant matters, preparing / reviewing appropriate accounting documentation (Accounting Position Paper) in line with matrix for approval of accounting issues
• Responsibility for impairment reviews (critical review of data provided by other functions, challenging assumptions, meeting with business partners, preparation of supporting documentation, coordination of reviews by Group Financial Reporting and Accounting and PwC and following up on any review issues)
• Reviewing potential BD&L for Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations divisions' deals in order to assess the accounting treatment under International Financial Reporting Standards, preparation of accounting documentation for the deals / review and sign off of accounting documentation
• Reviewing potential acquisitions, to provide the M&A team with input on any accounting implications, preparing purchase price accounting and relevant acquisition models for completed Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations divisional acquisitions, obtaining appropriate sign offs as required under Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Responsible for assisting the Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations Technical Accounting in maintaining the various requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for the Financial
• Reporting and Accounting Operations divisions in conjunction with established processes.
• Responsible for analyzing the Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations divisions' and balance sheet, cash flow, other operating income and expense, intangible assets and provisions, and other elements associated with the specific activities of functions supported by Financial
• Reporting and Accounting Operations Technical Accounting (including product costing and development) and driving improvements in the process and presentation of the output.
• Rolling out improvements in the process and documentation to the Regions and local entities as appropriate Minimum requirements • University degree, preferably in Accounting, together with professional qualification (Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant)
• Fluent English
• 4-5 years in public accounting in a capacity within a blue-chip multinational environment
Depending on location, business travel will be necessary