Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 222897BR Position Title Functional Lead Division Novartis Technical Operations Business Unit NTO QUALITY Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Quality Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description Manage all lab activities and apply scientific/technical expertise to address issues for the preparation and timely delivery of drug substances (DS), drug products (DP), processes and procedures, manage associates, participate in sub teams and contribute to the overall department strategies and goals
1. Assign specific projects to subordinates and establish target dates and priorities. Meet quality quantity and timelines in all projects.
2. Design plan and perform/ supervise and monitor all activities of assigned units. Interpret results, evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions, write reports.
3. As a laboratory head, lead assigned personnel: support objectives setting, performance evaluations and development planning, and ensure that all related tasks (e.g. defined objectives, identified needs for training and development etc.) are performed appropriately. Participate in recruiting process.
4. Actively contribute to optimization of project related QC/scientific/technical activities and processes within the line function and cross-divisional.
5. Provide efficient and robust processes for the Quality Control of intermediates, drug substances and drug products
6. Participate in sub teams e.g. as sub team member (STM) and fulfill all tasks and responsibilities related to the won discipline.
7. Lead and coordinate teams (e.g. improvement projects)
8. Interact/collaborate with other sites and/or other functions to facilitate routine QC activities, transfer of knowledge and deliveries of DS and/or DP.
9. Manages and supervises as FPoC the interface with defined internal and external partners (e.g. customers and contractors)
10. Generate and select most appropriate scientific/quality documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners and support generation of international registration documents. Interact with authorities where appropriate.
11. Evaluate new scientific technologies.
12. Work and supervise according to appropriate SOP’s, GLP, GMP, OQM, HSE, ISEC and Novartis Guidelines.
13. Report and present scientific/technical results internally and publish / present externally in scientific journals and conferences including patents.
14. Maintain/ ensure maintenance of infrastructure/equipment and required investments. Minimum requirements Minimum:
MS or equivalent
Advanced degree in a scientific or relevant discipline (PhD)
Fluent English (oral and written), good site language
1. Successful demonstrated several years (mini-mum 3 years) of directly related experience as principal scientist or equivalent
2. Recognized scientific/technical expertise in a specific /technical area
3. Successful demonstrated track in creativity and problem solving in projects
4. Proven track record in utilization of special laboratory and/or technical tools.
5. Broad and profound understanding of activities and processes in a specific function
6. Profound literature search skills
7. Strong presentation skills and scientific writing skills
8. Proven scientific leadership skills
9. Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
10. Strong knowledge of relevant SOP/GMP and Novartis regulation and policies