Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 213366BR Position Title Regulatory CMC Senior Manager - Biologics Division Novartis Technical Operations Business Unit NTO BTDM Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description Job purpose:
Independently, provide strategic and operational global CMC regulatory direction and documentation for projects/products within responsibility covering development, registration and approval/post approval activities as assigned.
Major Accountabilities include:
1. Formulate, lead and drive global CMC regulatory strategy for Biologics development projects or marketed products with a focus on creativity and innovation, maximizing the business benefit balanced with regulatory compliance.
2. Proactively communicate CMC regulatory strategy, key issues and any other critical topics throughout the life cycle in an adequate and timely manner to interdisciplinary project teams and to appropriate management level in regulatory, technical development, and technical operations departments.
3. Lead and implement all global CMC submission activities (planning, authoring, reviewing, coordination, submission) for assigned projects/products, while applying the global strategy into submissions. Make quality regulatory decisions, balancing risks and benefits.
4. As early as possible, identify the required documentation and any content, quality and/or timeliness issues for global submissions and negotiate the delivery of approved technical source documents in accordance with project timelines.
5. Author high-quality CMC documentation for HA submission, applying CMC global regulatory strategies, assuring technical congruency and regulatory compliance, meeting agreed upon timelines and e-publishing requirements.
6. Establish and maintain a single point of contact with FDA or CPOs, DRA regional and TA groups for all communication on development and marketed products. Establish and maintain sound working relationships with partners and customers.
7. Initiate and lead Health Authority interactions and negotiations as appropriate; setting objectives, preparing briefing books, coordinating and planning rehearsals and risk mitigation plans.
8. Lead and drive cross-functional CMC Health Authority Response Teams (HARTs) for assigned development projects and/or marketed products, and prepare CMC responses, as appropriate.
9. Lead, prepare and communicate CMC dossier risk analyses (SWOTS), contingency plans and Lessons Learned on major submissions and escalate to management as appropriate.
10. Keep knowledge up to date with regard to regulatory guidelines and requirements in all global regions as well as for new technical trends.
11. Represent own department on due diligence teams for in-licensing and divestment opportunities.
12. Represent own department on teams for continuous improvement within the department. Minimum requirements Education
Minimum: Degree in Science (e.g. Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology) or equivalent
Desirable: Advanced Degree in Science (Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology)
Fluent English required (oral and written). Good skills in site (local) language desired (oral)
1. Minimum 2-4 years in regulatory preferred, and/or experience in drug/biopharmaceuticals
2. Working knowledge of biotechnology, analytics or pharmaceutical technology. Knowledge of the drug development process desirable. Ability to critically evaluate data from a broad range of scientific disciplines.
3. Knowledge/experience of regulations, guidelines for new biologic entities (NBE) and product life cycle maintenance desirable.
4. Proven track record of successfully working in interdisciplinary teams and planning, coordinating and leading activities simultaneously on multiple projects.
4. Regularly demonstrated active contributions to line functions or project teams, as well as ability to contribute to matrix teams with the necessary strategic thinking.
6. Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking, maintaining awareness of business impact.
7. Ability to work successfully with extended, multinational project teams and coordinate activities simultaneously on multiple projects under pressure of time and workload.
8. Effective planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
9. Reasonable approach to risk assessment.