Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 209267BR Position Title Principal Statistical Consultant Division Global Drug Development Business Unit CD&A GDD Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Switzerland Novartis Pharma AG, Basel Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
We are seeking Principal Statistical Consultants to work in collaboration with Biostatisticians, Pharmacometricians, Global Project Teams and senior SMC colleagues to ensure that state-of-the-art statistical methods, models and machine learning are used at the trial and project level. You will contribute towards the professional development of Biostatistics and Pharmacometrics group members.
- Provide trial and sometimes project support requiring hands-on expertise in novel quantitative approaches. This could include: innovative clinical trial design, quantitative decision making, incorporating evidence from sources of big data (e.g. biomarkers, digital technology and real world evidence)
- Play a role in a collaborative working relationships and effective communication with Biostatistics & Pharmacometrics partners along with the clinical team to promote and implement innovation at a project level
- Contribute towards agile consulting, guidance and non-standard exploratory analysis for unplanned problems
- Support the implementation and communication of innovative quantitative methods to support regulatory submissions and health authority meetings
Scientific Innovation & Training:
- Help developing new quantitative methods with the aim of improving drug development at Novartis in multiple projects. The focus includes clinical trial design, modeling, visualization and machine learning
- Support evaluating the need of technology and novel scientific software, visualization tools and new approaches to computation to increase efficiency and quality of Novartis drug development practices
- Support global clinical innovation projects with emphasis on moving innovative quantitative approaches into practice
- Support training on quantitative methods to colleagues within Biostatistics, Pharmacometrics and other functions in clinical development
- Publish in peer reviewed journals, participate in professional conferences and contribute towards cross-industry work streams in external scientific working groups Minimum requirements Education (desirable):
- Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, data science, computational biology or another related field
- Fluent English oral and written
1. At least 1 year of experience with application of innovative quantitative methods in drug development setting
2. Knowledge in relevant quantitative approaches
3. Ideally some experience in facilitating and optimizing the (early/full) clinical development strategy by using expertise in design, modeling or analytics
4. Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs.
5. Scientific publications and training courses given in the area of quantitative science
6. Good business ethics
7. Good communication and presentation skills