Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 213287BR Position Title Research Investigator – Bioinformatics Scientist Division NIBR Business Unit Research Europe Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description The Autoimmunity, Transplantation & Inflammation (ATI) Disease Area at NIBR is a group of more than 200 scientists using a diverse array of approaches and cutting-edge technology to develop drugs that improve the lives of individuals suffering from immune-mediated and inflammatory diseases.
ATI is seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatician for a position in our interdisciplinary Translational Research group.
You will apply your analytical skills in the analysis of experimental or patient data from cutting edge technologies (NGS, single cell NGS, multi-omics platforms) to investigate the mechanisms and pathophysiology of immunological processes and diseases.
As a data science expert you will work closely with research lab scientists, clinicians and computational biologists to support our drug development programs in the context of autoimmune diseases.
The successful candidate will develop analytic solutions to impact early drug discovery and translational work up to clinical Proof-of-Concept studies in patients. Minimum requirements • 3+ years PhD or Post-doc in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Data Science or related disciplines
• Track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals or published code/software
• Experience in analysis of complex biological datasets and application of machine learning algorithms, immunology related experience is a plus
• Excellent programming skills (in particular R, Python and Linux environment)
• Strong interest in exploring innovative approaches to analyze biological datasets in the context of drug discovery
• Creative and outside the box thinking, thrives in a highly interactive, collaborative environment
• Excellent communication skills and knowledge of English (oral and written)