Lead Software Developer 100%
Lead Software Developer
Reliable Radiation Detection. Our Expertise – Your Security
Arktis Radiation Detectors develops and manufactures next generation systems that detect and identify radioactive and nuclear materials to enhance security and operations. Using Arktis proprietary advanced radiation detection technologies we create solutions that deliver step change improvements in capabilities for a wide variety of applications used by customers and governments across the world.
Lead Software Developer (100%)
This is a great opportunity to join a young and fast growing company in Zurich and work on one of the important security challenges globally. Over the past years Arktis has developed next generation systems that detect and identify radioactive and nuclear materials.
The Head of SW Engineering will play a critical role in a fast paced, agile, software development environment and will provide quality solutions in support of Arktis’ detection systems. The successful candidate will lead and support the production and maintenance of both new and existing software applications and its interfaces to hardware and electronics.
The position will be based at Arktis offices in Zurich and might involve international travel.
- Development and maintenance of software products for the readout and control of radiation detection systems
- Lead a small development team of Arktis SW engineers and international associates
- Manage software projects
- Interact with external and internal clients, electronic/hardware engineers and scientists
- Actively participate in all cycles of the product development
- Msc or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar on the level of FH/ETH
- Hands on a variety of programming technologies, frameworks and languages
- Demonstrated success as a lead engineer in the development of software products involving at least 3 team members for at least 2 years
- Worked on software products which required interfacing with hardware/electronics components
- At least 5 years C++ (C++11, boost, STL) working experience.
- Python (2+ years)
- Experience with full stack web development (preferably Python-backend, HTML5, JS, CSS frontend). Partial working experience is acceptable.
- Experienced in software design and refactoring. Perfect knowledge of OO principles.
- Experienced in software for sensor control or similar
- Experienced in agile methods (Scrum), preferably in the role as Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Fluent in English, German a plus
- Knowledge of C/C++ for embedded systems
- Experience with Unix systems
- Understanding of radiation and nuclear physics
- Knowledge in testing procedures and corresponding tools
- Experience in software documentation and maintenance
Immediately or by agreement. Our offering:
We offer versatile work in a small, young and dynamic team with the possibility to develop autonomously and quickly take on responsibility. An attractive environment in the world of product development awaits you. Application:
Are you a pragmatic quick-learner who fosters teamwork? Then we are looking forward to your application including cover letter, CV and work certificates. Applications will be treated with confidentiality. Please send your application via following link to our consultant Harry Kulczynski from Stellenwerk AG. In case of questions please don’t hesitate to contact Harry Kulczynski by phone on +41 44 365 77 44.