Research Informatics Specialist / Research Database Developer
We are a Life Science and IT service provider that has been successfully carrying out ‘state-of-the-art’ projects for international customers for more than 20 years. Our consultants mainly work on our customer’s premises, integrated in the customer’s project team.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic forward thinking organization and we are looking for like-minded individuals that are driven by ambition and highly motivated by challenging jobs, as well as financial incentives.
With our attractive compensation and benefits model, this is a great opportunity to maximize your earning potential. The further development of our colleagues and team members as well as an excellent work atmosphere are amongst the top values of our company.
Our group “Research & Lab IT” is seeking professionals with the below mentioned profile:
The objective of the mission is to support the implementation and maintenance of the Corporate Preclinical Database and related systems for the collection, processing, analysis and registration of all chemical and biological information gathered during projects (e.g. ELN, Inventories, Data Analysis and Visualization).
- Supports scientists in the definition and maintenance of a standardized data organization and related dictionaries and prepares guidelines for chemical and biological data collection, processing, and analysis
- Participates to the design, development, implementation, support and maintenance of the corporate preclinical database and related systems (ELN, Inventories, Data Analysis and Visualization)
- Supports the timely submission (including preparation and curation as needed) of the data to local and corporate databases
- Manages data in the corporate preclinical corporate database and related systems
- Designs, develops and maintains tools supporting and automating data workflows from collection to analysis.
- Maintains software and database documentation.
- Organizes regular trainings and supports discovery and preclinical staff on the corporate preclinical database and related systems
- Familiarises himself/herself with the resources available in other parts of the organisation and is aware of the strategic importance of his/her project work with respect to goals.
- Ensures when needed, the validation of software and databases as required by international regulations.
- Responsible for the security of sensitive data, takes appropriate actions to prevent unauthorised access from outside or within the company.
- Manages relationships with solution and resource providers
Critical competences to cover the function:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Biology, or Chemistry
- Professional Skills and Experience:
- Has expertise in Computer Science applied to Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacology)
- Is at ease with web software development, database management systems (preferably Oracle) and data analysis, independently of platform or language.
- Is familiar with configuration and customization of commercial research and preclinical data management systems (preferably Dotmatics software suite)
- Has at least 3 years of practical experience in industry or academic institutions, in charge of a scientific informatics platform/database development and management of research database for Life Science
- Has experience in web server and database administration
- Has experience in IT project management
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Writes internal/external reports and software documentation.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor or any other scientist relevant to the project as needed.
- Is able to explain his work to non IT specialists
- Is capable of making oral communications to international standards.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, French would be an asset
- Is able to adapt to a research environment: understanding of scientific issues and their specific requirements.
- Trains collaborators on the usage of scientific software. May supervise the work of external staff (solution vendors).
Please send us your complete dossier with your CV, references and diplomas to: email@example.com