Senior Safety Project Manager
Vacancy Name Senior Safety Project Manager Location City Thalwil Location Region Location Country Switzerland Role also available in About u-blox u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global provider of leading positioning and wireless communication technologies for the automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Our solutions let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and a growing ecosystem of product supporting data services, u-blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. Job Description
This is an exciting opportunity to join u-blox as a Senior Safety Project Manager,
where you will be managing strategic projects, mainly targeting functional safety applications. u-blox works within a very demanding market, and these projects will be building up key product features for our future growth. You will help to build a new team and to define the essential processes to achieve functionally safe products. This role will challenge you in technical, commercial, process and people management aspects. Hence, you should enjoy challenges and be an excellent communicator at all levels, able to communicate across our multi-site teams with ease.
Projects are multidisciplinary and include silicon, hardware and firmware development and verification activities. You will be responsible for making decisions based on clear justification considering different scenarios including budget-, resource-, technical- & market risk assessment and mitigation. Besides managing the project team, you will help to define the necessary processes based on Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) and the u-blox product life-cycle process (PLCP) to achieve high integrity and functional safe products.
The successful candidate should have several years of project management experience in the electronics industry and/or embedded software with a strong background in functional safety wishing to pursue a career in project management in a technically challenging environment. Your Responsibilities
Your skills and experience
- Manage a project management team and help improve processes to achieve high quality artifacts
- Plan, steer and monitor activities of the assigned projects against strict deadlines
- Run projects according to internal process guidelines according to CMMI and PLCP
- Implement process changes and assure where needed to improve product quality, functional safety compliance (ISO26262) and development efficiency
- Identify project conflicts and help prioritization within portfolio
- Be responsible for management of project teams and technical project managers
- Be responsible for the planning and coordination of functional safety activities
- Maintain key relationships within the team and lead decision making to ensure quality and delivery of projects
- Bachelor/Masters of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Proven experience in leading, monitoring and motivating multidisciplinary project teams
- Experience in functional safety project management
- Experience in systems requirement management
- Experience in a CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) environment would be an asset
- Ability to manage technical risk and to make key decisions in a challenging environment
- A strong desire to be involved in cutting edge technology and willingness to learn new technologies and improve knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact with senior management
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Right to work in Switzerland is a prerequisite
Applications Close Date
Contact Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.