Digital / UI Designer
Are you passionate about digital interaction? Do you have experience creating designs that cover multiple touchpoints, channels and devices? If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and long to work on a product that transforms people’s lives, EF Academy is the place for you!
EF Academy is seeking a Digital/UI designer with UX knowledge to join our in-house marketing department in Zurich. The ideal candidate is a strong visual designer with core skills in UI design and project management skills, preferably with several years of agency experience. The right candidate demonstrates exceptional judgment, creativity and an excellent grasp of interaction and graphic design principles. This role requires a designer who is eager to pitch new concepts, execute iterations of existing projects and deliver fresh designs that visually represent our brand.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the delivery of high-quality cross-platform digital experiences with exceptional user interface design. You will be working closely with marketing, sales and developers to take the customer through the online journey. The role will be varied, a combination of long-term projects and day-to-day requests.
The ideal candidate will understand the major differences and subtleties of designing responsively for multiple devices; be a creative problem solver, a strong communicator and have the ability to execute with exceptional attention to detail for a seamless and sophisticated user interface. It is a highly international role and requires cultural sensitivity to the work produced and the teams you work with.
- Conceptualize, design, and execute responsive design templates for multiple devices
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Produce and maintain clean and easy to use product specific style guide for digital assets consistent with EF‘s Grand Unified Design principles and EF Academy Creative Direction
- Deliver development ready digital files with a keen attention to detail and specifications of how the designs can be implemented
- Work closely with developers to explain and carry out workflow
- Redesign, update and modify numerous discrete interface elements
- Create visual design concepts based on input from multi-disciplinary team
- Drive web innovation and testing
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback to improve existing designs to exceed lead generation goals
- Ensure visual designs adhere to project requirements, business and strategy objectives, and priorities
- At least 3 years of experience in web and digital projects
- A degree in visual or media design
- Strong background in cross-browser, platform, and device design principles
- Strong knowledge of responsive / mobile / web design best practices
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, InVision and/or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, particularly working hand-in-hand with front-end development
- Knowledge of X/HTML, CSS, and Web Standards as it relates to design
- Flexible, detail-oriented, driven professional with a positive, can-do attitude
- A passion for UI / UX and all the little things that enhance a user’s web experience
- An interest in marketing communication and branding
- A great UI portfolio
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills - another language is a plus.
- Eligibility to work in Switzerland
This is a rare opportunity be part of a highly motivated team dedicated to building world-class products and services that will transform the way educators assess student progress and achievement. If you are excited about tackling and solving tough problems; if you want to be part of a fast-paced environment and work inside the support structure of a global enterprise; if you want to be a front-runner in changing how the world learns through technology and design - then this position is for you. START DATE: Immediate
EF Academy is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. We are a multinational group employing over 46,500 staff and teachers with 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries. EF’s mission has always been to open the world through education and EF Academy takes this mission one step further by preparing high school students for success at a university, and beyond. Learn more on www.ef.com/academy