Our team provides operation for Avast Linux systems infrastructure, which contains over 2500 geo-distributed servers and over 90 backend applications providing services to our more the 400mil client applications/devices. We’re constantly facing interesting challenges including problem of keeping millions of TCP sessions on one server, geo-load-balancing hundreds of thousand queries per application cluster, managing databases with terabytes of data and identifying encrypted p2p traffic in TCP streams.
We’re closely cooperating with our Java developers on the development of the backend applications, we’re employing DevOps principles of sharing the responsibilities with developers.
The team is structured to smaller groups responsible for separate app domains, but working on common platform and sharing knowledge with the rest of the team. We value openness, ability to express own opinion and desire to improve yourself and the team.
You will be also responsible for:
- Maintenance of a Linux-based computing farm from OS to application level consisting of 2000+ servers
- Troubleshooting of performance problems (especially ones that are hard to Google)
- Close cooperation with developers, in application development and its operation
- Implementing new technologies into our stack
- Writing scripts for automation and monitoring purposes
What we require:
- Deeper understanding of Linux OS (CentOS preferred)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols including HTTP and DNS
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting + basic knowledge of other scripting language (Python preferred)
- Desire to learn new technologies and to solve various technical challenges
- Knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra)
- Openstack and/or Docker environment experience is a plus
- Experience with CM tools (eg. Puppet, Ansible) is a plus
- Ability to work in very dynamic environment
- Positive working attitude, teamwork spirit and communication skills
- English written and spoken
- The minimum for this position is completed secondary education. A University degree in a technical area is a plus.
- Interesting job in an international team of growing and a very successful company
- Space for self-improvement in the team of highly skilled colleagues
- Work with large number of software tools (e.g. RabbitMQ, NginX, Redis, Hadoop technologies)
- Opportunity to influence the way the team works (we’re not tied up with unnecessary processes)
- Ability to influence features, architecture and quality of Avast products
- Modern and friendly working environment
- Benefits (flexible working hours, lunch vouchers, 5 weeks of vacation, sick days, cafeteria, language courses, trainings, pension insurance)