About Us at Location Labs by Avast
Location Labs is the leader in mobile consumer products that enhance the personal safety of millions of users. Acquired in 2016 by online security leader Avast, our services are used by millions of monthly paying subscribers worldwide. Our engineers work closely with major device manufacturers, platform providers and network operators worldwide to provide cutting-edge solutions leveraging remote mobile device locator and management tools. Our company is redefining the market with a refreshing take on location services and the way in which mobile devices are managed. Visit us at Location Labs by Avast.
About This Role :
As Director of Customer Success, your primary focus is customer health and growth. You will be managing a team who will work closely with our carrier and handset manufacturer partners, ensuring that these customers achieve maximum value from our industry-leading family safety, cybersecurity, and IoT products. Having oversight of day-to-day operations, you will be the key owner of the team’s performance and metrics. You will work directly with customer executives and business sponsors throughout the customer lifecycle, ensuring there is alignment leading to adoption, expansion, and renewal.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Operations, this is a highly strategic role within the company, with many touchpoints in the field (both pre- and post-sale) as well as internal facing with product management, marketing, and engineering.
Key Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Manage and motivate the Customer Success and Market Development team to:
- Initiate, grow, and retain strong relationships with multiple contacts throughout large customer organizations
- Groom overall customer advocacy and build strong company references
- Grow customer revenues by securing new carrier marketing support (e.g., retail, customer care, digital/web, preloads, etc.)
- Provide insightful analysis and periodic business reviews
- Support day to day activities by coordinating Engineering and Project Management engagements
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to support ongoing sales efforts
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with senior customer contacts, ensuring our products are closely aligned with the customer’s overall business strategy
- Demonstrate the business value of our products, acting as a key product evangelist
- Develop and maintain an accurate forecast of customer results
- Author best practices content (such as blog posts, cookbooks, and thought leadership articles) that can be shared via our content marketing engine
- Up to 50% travel is possible, but less is generally anticipated
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of direct management experience of account management/customer success teams
- Experience as a B2B quota-carrying sales professional in software or technology
- Carrier/Telco experience and/or Consulting/Banking experience are big plusses
Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for customer experience and an understanding of the shifting landscape of customer expectations
- Strategic thinker to be a valuable thought partner for senior customer contacts (VP and Director levels)
- Experience with contract negotiations, redlines, and sales planning
- Create impactful PowerPoint decks to inform and inspire customers
- Comfortable building quick Excel models to forecast the impact of new marketing tactics, product launches, etc.
- Have excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking
- Highly effective in communicating technical information in non-technical terms
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments concurrently
- Very capable in prioritizing, scheduling and organizing work while performing under tight deadlines with ongoing changes in priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including, but not limited to, demonstrating patience, flexibility, consideration, diplomacy, tact, and confidence in cultivating positive working relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to accomplish job requirements with limited supervision
- Comfortable with data science and statistical thinking
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.