Head of Agriculture, Food and Beverage Industries
HEAD OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND BEVERAGE INDUSTRIES
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Through its Partner Engagement Group, the Forum engages businesses in projects and initiatives – online and offline – to address industry, regional and systemic issues. Organized by Industry and/or Region, teams are responsible for building the world’s premier communities of business leaders to advance critical topics facing the industries through engagement with government, industry, regulatory and civil society leaders.
Through engaging CEOs and senior level executives, the Head of Agriculture, Food and Beverage (AFB) Industries will have broad responsibility for creating the strategy and setting the intellectual agenda and priorities for the Forum’s focus on these industries. The successful candidate will oversee a team responsible for defining and delivering the AFB industry agenda, defining priorities including community growth and aligning efforts with other parts of the organization.
This role will report into the Head of the Consumer Industries and work closely with the Head of Retail, Consumer, and Lifestyle industries in delivering to the larger Consumer community comprised of nearly 50 partner companies. Global leaders in the AFB industries community include organizations such as Unilever, Nestle, The Coca-Cola Company, and Cargill, while for RCL, they include Wal-Mart, P&G, Nike, LVMH, Royal Phillips, and Alibaba.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Content Curation for the Industry: Leverage deep understanding of the industry developed through the relationships with the community, external research and trend analysis, and other sources to shape and develop System Initiatives and projects in a manner that delivers the most optimal value to partners.
- Community Management (Retention) for the Industry: Lead and enable the AFB team members in the delivery of first-class relationship management rooted in a deep understanding of partner companies’ strategic issues and opportunities. Develop relevant engagement strategies with the current partner community of the AFB Community (~30 companies) and ensure retention targets are met, focusing on delivering both business and societal value through the engagement.
- Community Expansion (Recruitment) for the Industry. Develop a business development strategy to grow the community and support the team in its execution, delivering on growth targets set for the Industry. Lead and support the creation of customized value propositions for potential members.
- Programming: Develop and deliver meaningful programming at community events (Annual Meeting in Davos, Industry Strategy Meeting).
- Team Management: Manage a cross-continental team in their successful delivery of community management, industry content curation and recruitment; Create and support a positive culture within the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and 15 years of successful professional experience in the agriculture, food or beverage value chain in a key leadership position within a strategy consultancy, multinational corporation, or industry association; international experience preferred.
- Excellent strategic acumen combined with the agility to execute with excellence via a “roll up your sleeves” mindset applied in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Intellectually curious with a strong orientation for driving growth through the power of innovative thinking.
- Results focused with an orientation towards teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and networks within complex and collaborative organization; can work well across cultures and virtually in a global environment.
- Robust network-building skills with a passion for cultivating external relationships; including the ability to interact with very senior leaders/executives with confidence and poise.
- Demonstrated ability in coaching and developing teams.
- Outstanding communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Comfortable with and prepared for global travel (approximately 25%+ of the time).
If you meet these requirements and are passionate about addressing global issues and advancing the values based mission of the World Economic Forum, please apply online.