Project and Community Lead, Shaping the Future of Production
PROJECT AND COMMUNITY LEAD, SHAPING THE FUTURE OF PRODUCTION
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Shaping the Future of Production is a major new initiative addressing all aspects of the way products are made: from design, to manufacturing, use, and re-use. The Initiative engages over 40 businesses, 20 governments around the world, and leading universities and civil society organisations. Rapidly emerging technologies, such as the internet of things, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, robotics and 3D printing, are creating new business models and production techniques that are fundamentally transforming value chains and networks. Companies and countries have a unique set of opportunities ahead, but the disruptions in production will require a new set of capabilities and multi-stakeholder collaborative efforts to be ready for the future and successfully stimulate productivity, environmental sustainability and inclusive growth. Shaping the Future of Production offers the latest knowledge to leaders and the public for more informed decision-making, provides a unique global platform for leaders to build consensus and share ideas, and works with leaders and organizations to take collaborative and coordinated action. The Initiative and its members take a systemic and future-oriented approach throughout their work.
The Project and Community Lead is responsible for one or more projects within the System Initiative and managing the community of governments, companies, research institutions and civil society organizations involved. The Project and Community Lead reports to the Head of the System Initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage projects, which create new and practical knowledge and facilitate action in this fast-moving space
- Develop and manage a dialogue series that bring together different stakeholders to create consensus and common priorities to address emerging challenges and opportunities
- Identify emerging issues, define the scope of projects or dialogue series, map out and engage relevant stakeholders, develop project plans and organize virtual and physical events
- Design and produce relevant insight products such as white papers, infographics and reports, and develop strategies to help advance global progress on the issue
- Work closely with external stakeholders, ensuring that they are provided with regular communication, planning and coordination and engaged effectively in the Forum’s work
- Collaborate closely with System Initiative colleagues, shaping the team’s events and meeting sessions, contributing towards the team’s knowledge products, partner relations and action projects, and supporting the team’s media and communications strategy
- Monitor regularly monitor relevant global developments in the areas pertinent to production, and help engage external projects and efforts within the Forum’s platform
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of professional experience, ideally across multiple sectors and in diverse geographies; professional experience should include significant knowledge of work and employment issues related to the production system
- Advanced university degree from a recognized university or business school, ideally on business administration, engineering or other relevant field relevant to production
- Excellent project management, relationship management at the most senior levels, research and communication skills, and proven ability to drive medium to large-scale projects in an autonomous way, from design to delivery
- Capacity to apply critical thinking, consult broadly, develop strategies, work collaboratively in a team, manage both long- and short-term objectives
- Successful experience in engaging leaders from the private and public sector in multistakeholder activities
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.