Project Lead, Cyber Security Governance and Policy
PROJECT LEAD, CYBER SECURITY GOVERNANCE AND POLICY
GLOBAL CYBER CENTRE
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Forum is launching the Global Cyber Centre, a new Geneva-based public-private platform aimed to strengthen cyber resilience globally. The Cyber Security Governance and Policy Team is responsible for the implementation of the ongoing Forum initiatives among others as well as the development of policies, protocols and think-tank relevant products.
We are looking for a highly-driven Project Lead to drive project delivery and develop strategies to promote the Cyber Centre initiatives, projects and events. He/she will report directly to the Head of the Cyber Security Governance and Policy team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage content development and stakeholder engagement for projects aimed at promoting the Global Cyber Centre agenda
- Take charge of project budgets and responsibility for delivering outputs on time and to budget within an often ambiguous and fast-changing context
- Develop project strategies that fit within the team’s overall mission and collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders to execute them
- Ensure that project results are documented consistently and shared regularly with all involved stakeholders
- Work on shaping the design and content of sessions for the Cyber Centre and Forum events, contribute towards the team’s knowledge products and insight reports, and support the team’s media and communication strategy
- Monitor relevant global developments in the areas pertinent to the team’s work and help engage external projects and efforts within the Global Cyber Centre and Forum’s platforms
- Drive effective project delivery, integration and coordination through a highly collaborative approach and effective resourcing, budgeting, project and process management, communication and reporting
- Take a leadership role in the preparation of project-related events, including: preparing agenda and lists of participants, knowledge pieces (background and pre-read materials), minutes and reports on outcomes
Qualifications and Skills
- Broad intellectual background with a Master’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university, in any relevant discipline
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in a relevant field, working across sectors in a multi-stakeholder, international environment
- Excellent oral and written English any other language is an asset
- Proven interest and expertise in the field of cyber security acquired from private industry or governmental agency/international organization, and an ability to quickly identify emerging issues, understand who the most relevant stakeholders are, and develop an area of focus for a multi-stakeholder engagement
- Capacity to apply critical thinking, consult broadly, develop strategies, work collaboratively in a team and manage both long- and short-term objectives
- Ability to quickly understand the needs of relevant stakeholders, through research, consultations and analysis
- Excellent project management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of recent digital platforms, including Salesforce, is an advantage
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.