Learning and Development Manager
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The World Economic Forum is looking for an accomplished HR professional to join our team as Learning and Development Manager at the Forum’s Geneva headquarters, and drive efforts to design and implement learning and development solutions across all Forum offices in Geneva, New York, San Francisco, Beijing and Tokyo.
The World Economic Forum is looking for an individual with a passion for learning and providing employees with development opportunities in line with the Forum values, culture and mission. The Learning and Development Manager will manage a team of two people, and report to the Head of Talent Development. The Learning and Development Manager leads the development and implementation of learning content, and will also work closely with the Head of Digital Success and IT team who manages the LMS system. The candidate should be a highly collaborative individual who thrives in a dynamic and fast-changing environment.
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. The Forum believes that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life that have the drive and the influence to enable positive change. It begins with the Forum’s own people representing the character, values and spirit of the Forum mission. Investing in learning and development is one of the ways the Forum delivers on its commitment to its people and mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Co-define the learning strategy in collaboration with key HR and non-HR stakeholders
- Manage the Learning team, including a learning specialist focused on programme management, and an LMS specialist responsible for technical design and delivery; Informally lead consistent best practices and collaboration with group of global employees implementing learning delivery for their respective regions and/or teams
- Partner effectively with the Head of Digital Success; co-lead learning creation, LMS content management, roadmap and release schedule design and ensure high quality delivery of programmes that create opportunities for learning
- Deliver and facilitate training activities
- Coordinate and collaborate with HR colleagues from other offices (New York, San Francisco and Beijing) to address location-specific development needs and ensure local delivery of training
- Work directly with senior managers and build strong relationships to understand their team’s development needs and coach/advise as necessary
- Manage Learning team budgets and operational plans
- Define a set of measures and analytics to assess the quality and impact of the Learning programme; provide regular reporting to key stakeholders on learning results and measures and use latter to lead Learning programme improvements
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Keep abreast of developments and innovations in organizational development, learning approaches, policies and learning management systems
- Build partnerships to create and promote formal and informal learning and professional development opportunities at all levels and areas of the organization
- Ensure all learning and professional development activities promote diversity, fair access and equal opportunity
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university, ideally with a focus on organizational development, business, HR or other related field
- 8+ years of HR experience and a minimum of 4 years in learning
- Experience in an international organization with multicultural and diverse workforce is required
- Proven track record in designing and implementing learning programmes, facilitating and delivering training against plans
- Experience managing HR professionals; experience of remote management is a plus; proven history of hiring, developing and motivating others as a manager
- Fluent in English; other languages an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated abilities in designing and delivering effective communications strategies
- Strong client focus and HR consulting skills, proven ability to influence senior managers from all parts of the organization to adopt and support effective approaches to learning and development
- Results-driven with strong analytical skills; ability to effectively plan, organize and drive change as an individual and through leading others
- Digital and technical capabilities, including working with various learning management systems (experience with Saba a plus), HRIS, Salesforce, virtual meeting tools and other social media
- Exposure to e-learning design with tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia or Adapt is a plus
- Actively keeps up-to-date with learning innovations; is digitally savvy and self-sufficient with technical tools
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.