Events Team Coordinator
EVENTS TEAM COORDINATOR
(1 year fixed-term contract)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Forum’s Events Management team organizes high-level, multistakeholder meetings, such as the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, which convenes global leaders to address the most relevant and pressing challenges.
As Coordinator, you will be responsible for facilitating daily functions and operations of the Events Management team, contributing to the processes and practices that foster creativity, productivity and well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for senior leadership, and organizational support for the team, including arranging conference calls and meetings, managing travel plans, taking minutes, preparing PowerPoint presentations, crafting correspondence
- Provide project management support by preparing communications, timelines and tracking actions needed to achieve milestones and objectives for the team
- Work to develop team-related processes as required and act as a central point to share knowledge across the team, group and Forum
- Monitor progress and support timely delivery of internal and external commitments
- Provide end-to-end orchestration of logistics for team events
- Lead the on-boarding of new team members • Liaise closely with the Forum’s Programme team as part of global programming group and People and Culture team
- Coordinate the staff list management on specific events (quota, hotel allocation, coordination with internal teams for flight bookings)
- Provide administrative support on coordination of contracts and registration of interpreters on specific events
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in business, marketing, communications, hospitality, or related fields
- 6+ years professional experience, preferably in a support or coordination function in the private or public sector; experience in international and global organizations is a plus
- Proven experience providing organizational support for large cross-functional teams across different time zones
- High attention to detail, accuracy, ability to deliver and track progress against deadlines
- Demonstrated service attitude and ability to collaborate across portfolios and with people with different functions and expertise
- Basic project management skills including scheduling and reporting
- Ability to manage self and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; fluent in English (written and spoken) and French (written and spoken)
- Strong digital skills and mindset, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office; knowledge of the Salesforce platform a plus
If you meet these requirements, please apply online and provide us with your CV and a cover letter describing your motivations for applying.