Community Specialist, Regional or Social Engagement/ Global Challenges
REGIONAL OR SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT/GLOBAL CHALLENGES
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Regional and Government Engagement Group manages global government relations with the World Economic Forum, curating the regional agenda through engagement with civil society, academia, expert communities and research organization partners in countries of the region.
The Global Challenges Team develops and facilitates public-private collaboration on major global issues in areas such as climate change; digital economy and society; agricultural development and food security; infrastructure and development finance; employment, skills and human capital. The team also creates a platform for engagement with civil society voices, ensuring that civil society communities are fully integrated and play leading roles in the Forum’s public-private partnership effort.
The successful candidate for a Community Specialist role in one of these teams will support community building and the engagement of constituents in the development of innovative multi-stakeholder solutions to address longstanding global challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project management support by keeping timelines; track actions needed to achieve milestones and objectives for the team
- Excel as a coordinator, adviser and collaborator for team-led initiatives and projects
- Provide administrative support, including arranging conference calls and meetings, taking minutes and preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Update important team documents, such as the weekly team dashboards and the global editorial calendar
- Work to develop team-related processes as required and act as a centre-point to share knowledge across the team and Forum
- Manage programme grids and coordinate logistics, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and service providers
- Manage events for Regional and Annual Forum meetings, external workshops and stakeholder meetings organized by the team
- Help manage the Forum’s proprietary digital platforms by curating content and engaging with the community
- Contribute to the use of digital and traditional media to disseminate content and generate interest in team’s activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Public Policy, Economics, Business, International Relations, or related fields
- At least three years of professional experience, including some experience working in or with a specific region or global issue, and involving administrative and coordination support
- Strategic and creative skills in project management, research, writing and presentation
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Flexibility, self-starting attitude and the interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural collaboration skills needed to work in a fast-paced, demanding, international environment
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of recent digital platforms, including Salesforce, is an advantage
Candidates who apply for this posting, which has no specific deadline and is not associated with a specific opening, agree to be placed in a talent pipeline for the World Economic Forum, and will be contacted as and when positions open up that are a good fit with their experience and qualifications.
Candidates for whom there is no suitable opportunity to propose will not be contacted.