Our client is a vibrant and innovative global financial services consultancy, with headquarters in Zurich and offices all over the world. Their mission is to enable banks and wealth managers to realise strategy through effectively blending business and technology consulting with software products and strong partnerships.
Cutting-edge solutions and high-end service provision lie at the heart of their values and offering. With a consistently expanding client portfolio, the business is building its consultancy capacity and in doing so are looking to hire experienced consultants who come from a financial markets or banking IT background, to support their global offering.
This organisation offers diverse and challenging assignments, exposure to top-tier clients, a strong commitment to developing multi-disciplinary IT / business skills for each and every employee, a competitive compensation package and the chance to be part of what is a truly agile working approach and environment.
After a thorough introduction to the company’s application portfolio, the development environment and the Avaloq banking system, you will engage with clients directly on international projects. Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of the Avaloq banking system including writing technical and/or business specifications
- Designing and developing interfaces and add-on solutions
- Parametrising and customising of various business modules
- Enhancing overall concepts, evaluating business impacts and training end -users
- University degree or equivalent in Engineering/ IT or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of work experience with banking or financial applications or deep knowledge of banking operations (ideally in consulting IT or banking)
- A practical knowledge of relational databases (ideally Oracle) and/or other programming languages would be an asset
- Fluent German and business leve English (both verbal and written) with any French language being an advantage
- Willingness to work and travel in Switzerland and internationally at clients' premises on long-term projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build trusted relationships with clients
- Only candidates in possession of a Swiss or European Passport can be considered on account of the required element of travel and subject to Swiss work permit regulations