An attractive work place at your Consumer Goods Business (CGB) and Finance and Administration (F&A) Headquarters with about 500 employees.
In this position, you will be responsible for holistically overseeing the overall stock situation all along the value chain from a financial perspective within the CGB Functional Controlling team.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
You will report directly to the Director of CGB Functional Controlling and your main duties will include the following:
- Ensure the financial perspective is fully reflected in the definition of the Inventory Strategy (how to deal with volatilities e.g. by defining safety stock levels, service level agreements, etc.).
- Set financial targets related to inventories for distribution centers and retail stores, during yearly budget and revise these as part of the quarterly rolling forecast and operational supply planning processes together with S&OP Controlling and Sales & Distribution Performance Controlling.
- Ensure that clear rules, in regards to inventory profile of single articles, are defined and implemented. Responsible for roll up of single inventory profiles per article to aggregated level and show financial impact of different scenarios/alternatives. Ensure analysis and recommendations are pushed into relevant decision-making fora, as needed.
- Ensure the financial perspective and measure the success of any optimization measures in inventory management all along the value chain (e.g. calculation of business cases, definition and measuring of efficiency KPIs used for target setting, etc.).
- Work with the CGB Controlling Performance Reporting team and GBS, define and implement CGB holistic and SCM detailed performance reporting related to inventories, creating transparency into operational performance vs targets on key value drivers, on an ongoing basis (weekly/monthly/quarterly).
- Clean up reporting – establish common global reports, discontinue overlapping reports
- Ensure different views based on needs (e.g. local views vs. consolidated view)
- Connect reports to decision-making
- Create transparency about the composition of inventory value along the value chain. Ensure different views based on the different needs are considered (e.g. local vs. consolidated view)
- Value break down on different dimensions, i.e. what is activated in stock at local and consolidated perspective, through-out the SCM value flow
- Continuously develop and maintain a roadmap of reporting requirements in line with business needs, for delivery via the GBS, aligned with the reporting framework defined by the CGB Controlling Performance Reporting team.
- Monitor stock levels and value all along the value chain. Highlight any issues, risks, as well as opportunities and recommend measures in regards to:
- Capital tied in stock, including finished goods, work-in progress, showcases, auxiliary and operating materials.
- Valuation adjustment (accruals, write-offs/scrapping, valuation rules) and financial impacts
- Work with Controllers supporting other CGB Divisions (such as S&CI and OC&CO) to identify concrete measures which can limit inventory risk and valuation adjustments.
- Ensure accountability for inventory valuations is assigned to appropriate P&L owners, to increase quality in inventory planning and management.
- Show financial consequences and risks of any decisions taken (e.g. consequences, opportunities and risks of destroying vs. selling via liquidation channels)
- Work with CGB Controlling S&OP to ensure Product Life Cycle decisions take stock values into account (i.e. articles on stock that are at the end of the life cycle and therefore have a high risk of scrapping)
- Work with CGB Controlling S&OP to ensure stock turn at distribution centers and in retail is improved
- Monitor inventory range and security levels and highlight risks of non-availability or overstock
- Upon request and if needed by Divisional Business Controllers, support the dialogue with SCM and central teams to ensure inventory issues are understood and proposed corrective measures are addressed. Comparison of stock values along the value chain, i.e. are the different inventory levels (raw material, finished goods, components, etc.) in a healthy relationship.
- Analyze shrinkage and build bridge to loss prevention
- Monitor indirect factors, such as order cancellations, that will impact inventory. Identify measures to reduce such risks, working with supply planning and development teams.
- Provide financial analysis and advice into long-term inventory performance improvement projects.
- Bring solutions to the SVP Controlling Business Partner CGB and other senior sponsors in CGB for decision-making.
WHAT WE EXPECT
A motivated, assertive talent, who brings along the following background:
- Master’s degree in areas such as data science, management of information systems, economics, business administration, business accounting, applied economics and finance or a certified public accountant degree
- 3-5 years of business controlling experience in Group Planning, Reporting and Analysis from a Business Finance perspective in a major multinational company from the FMCG, luxury/fashion branded retailing or the IT industry
- At least 2-3 years of CFO financial services advisory & consulting experience in a major consultancy company, with a proven track record in client engagements, financial projects, problem solving and communication
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and excellent collaboration skills
- Fluent communications skills in English, both written and oral
WHAT WE OFFER
Would you like to make a sparkling contribution and support our values by being imaginative, vigorous, passionate and responsible?
Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.