In this role, you will be responsible for the Functional Controlling area of Market Business Controlling including planning, monitoring, tracking and challenging the Markets’ financial short and mid-term performance. You will have a holistic and thorough understanding of the Consumer Goods Business (CGB) Controlling strategy and commercial priorities which need to be supported with functional financial reporting, analysis and advice.
In this position, you will report directly to the Director, CGB Functional Controlling.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Your main duties will be the following:
- Collaborate with the CGB controlling planning team to define financial targets based on functional expertise, during the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Facilitate, measure, monitor and analyze financial plans and actual results, from all markets and propose potential measures to the respective divisional business controllers
- Perform root-cause analysis to explain and quantify the reason for being on-/off-track or having a deviation from set targets as well as propose and ensure corrective actions in crisp communication to senior management
- Foresee and highlight future financial trends and propose potential measures to the respective divisional business controllers
- Develop analytical reference models, to establish insights in markets performance, which can be later adopted by markets and our Global Business Services as part of standard reporting flows
- Collaborate within the networked organization and with relevant CGB businesses
- Plan, monitor, track and challenge mid and short-term financial performance for 5-8 markets
- Participate in and manage an active, on-going dialogue with the markets regarding all commercial and financial aspects affecting the performance and profitability
- Establish and ensure accountability towards agreed targets and actions, identifying and driving corrective actions to close gaps within the markets
- Provide market-specific insights to monthly performance reporting and analysis and act as go-to person for all internal stakeholders regarding the financial performance of the Market clusters.
- Benchmark across markets, advise in identifying opportunities, risks and performance improvement activities and share these insights across the different functional areas to trigger best practices
WHAT WE EXPECT
A motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- Master’s degree in one of the following areas: economics, business administration, business accounting, applied economics and finance or certified public accountant degree
- 3-5 years Business Controlling proven track record in group planning, reporting and analysis roles from a business finance function (not corporate finance) from major multinational company in fast moving consumer goods, luxury/fashion branded retailing or IT industry
- At least 2 -3 years’ CFO financial services advisory and consulting background
- Proven track record in client engagements, financial project work, problem solving and communication
- Strong business, commercial and financial acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusted relationships with members across the organization and stakeholders
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Strong drive for results and ability to be assertive
- Excellent, both spoken and written, business English skills
WHAT WE OFFER
Would you like to make a sparkling contribution and support our values by being imaginative, vigorous, passionate and responsible?
Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.