MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Supplier Development & Performance Management (SD&PM) Sr. Specialist in Supplier Development Engineering will work closely with the SD&PM Team (Systems, Quality Field Specialists, etc.) and a be a key technical interface with MSD Direct Material Suppliers (hereafter our Human Health Manufacturing Division Suppliers) and our Human Health Manufacturing Division sites on pro-active activities.
This interaction with our Human Health Manufacturing Division Suppliers includes, but is not limited to, performing HyperCare activities at the Supplier manufacturing site to ensure a flawless launch, executing Supplier Capability Assessments, Up-Skilling Suppliers, and leading Specification Alignment activities. In addition, the SD&PM Supplier Development Engineer will interface with MSD Global Sciences, Technology, and Commercialization (GSTC) group, and the Large and Small Molecule Lines of Business.
The SD&PM Supplier Development Engineer will be regionally based (e.g. Americas, EMEA, and APJ), located in an MSD manufacturing site and be instrumental in the following areas for high risk Human Health Manufacturing Division Suppliers in their region.
• Leading the execution of the Technical Capability Assessment (TCA) for new and existing Suppliers, to determine if gaps exist in 11 critical Supplier categories (e.g. Mold Asset Management, Material Flow, Sub Supplier Management, Change Control, Visual Management, 5 Why’s, etc.) and then Up-Skilling the Supplier to close those gaps.
• Performing HyperCare Activities (e.g. walk the lines at the Supplier Manufacturing Site and confirm in-process controls are in place, ensure that current MSD specifications / drawings are being used at Supplier, verify the release equipment in Supplier lab is the same as Supplier qualification and equivalent to MSD Lab, analyze Supplier release test results for Normality, X-Bar Chart, Histogram, Control Limits, etc.) prior to and/or during Supplier launch for Human Health Manufacturing Division Supply. .
• Partnering with Global Procurement to identify “high-risk” Items / Suppliers and then mitigating that risk (e.g. HyperCare, Supplier Capability Assessment, etc.) for MMD sites.
• Performing a Gap Analysis between specifications, methods, equipment, etc. at Human Health Manufacturing Division Suppliers vs Human Health Manufacturing Division plants and then mitigate those gaps (e.g. Gage R&R, etc.) to pro-actively reduce future deviations, supply issues, etc. due to misalignment between MSD and Supplier.
• Partner with other SD&PM personnel (e.g. Systems, Quality, etc.) and other members of GSMG to manage Human Health Manufacturing Division Suppliers.
• Execution of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), PPAP, and Run-Out Rates.
• Minimum BS in engineering, materials science, or equivalent scientific field
• Minimum of 5 years technical experience in these areas:
o Demonstrated technical skills, with operations, quality, and/or engineering background in the areas of chemical, pharmaceutical and/or vaccine manufacturing and packaging, or similar regulated industry
o Demonstrated leadership skills including professional/interpersonal communication skills
o Ability to develop and maintain commercial relationships external to MSD is key.
o Ability to work in a matrix organization to leverage expertise from other functions and departments within MSD.
• Travel will be associated with this position on an as-needed basis and is estimated at ~ 25%
• Preferred: Six Sigma certified Green Belt or Black Belt
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.