Brand & Customer Manager, Oncology - PRO016350
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD’s Oncology division is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At MSD, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
MSD is recruiting for a Brand & Customer Manager (BCM) who will be dedicated resource in the Oncology Customer Business Line (CBL) and report directly to the Oncology Business Unit director. Work location will be Lucerne, Switzerland.
In this critical role in the Oncology cross-functional team with primary responsibility for the leadership of the marketing and promotional efforts supporting selected KEYTRUDA indications, you will closely collaborate with the sales team and market access function to implement the Oncology Business Unit Strategy. Furthermore, you will work together with Medical Affairs to provide critical customer insight and a coordinated approach to the implementation of promotional and non-promotional field based activities.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following key activities:
- Accountable for the successful delivery of the marketing strategy and tactics to deliver performance across selected KEYTRUDA indications:
- Analyse local market and identify commercial opportunities; allocate resources and manage budgets
- Develop strategies for major accounts; track, monitor progress and adjust activities accordingly
- Ensure alignment between Customer Plans (Sales) and Country Integrated Medical Scientific Strategy (Medical SLs)
- Understand and articulate the Customer Buying Process and execute Customer segmentation and targeting
- Develop Customer segment plans and integrate them with individual Customer plans
- Lead local customer teams for Brand and align around regional Strategy; refine local customer strategy related to the Brand
- Work with local market research to develop local segmentation and determine segmentation strategy based on input from all groups interacting with customers
- Share and implement best practices across the unit
- Implement Regional Marketing Strategy for the Brand locally and provide input on local medical activities
- Develop country PP – marketing Tactics, Channel Mix, PA, resources sections
- Provide forecasting and track local initiatives and utilization of local promotion budgets (oversight)
- Utilize materials developed by the global or regional organizations and personalize the offering to the customer based on segment importance
- Search for new and innovative ways of interacting with the Customer , using digital as part of their interactions with, and offerings to, the Customer
- Understand the Customers channel preferences and develop and deliver innovative programs and services in line with Customer needs
- Integrate channels to achieve the optimal channel mix for customer while seeking synergies and efficiencies
Education and professional experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, MBA preferred
- At least 4 years of pharmaceutical, biotech or related business experience
- At least 2 years Swiss Oncology market experience preferred
- Pharmaceutical launch experience, preferably in Oncology
- Managed Markets, Marketing experience and/or Government Affairs, Medical Affairs experience a plus
- Experience working with co-promotion or co-commercialization partners is a plus
- Previous sales experience is a plus
- Business knowledge of the Swiss commercial environment, field force best practices/emerging approaches, Oncology market access trends and the Oncology clinical/scientific landscape
- Demonstrated expertise in partnering with customers building sustainable relationships and leveraging customer insights to drive solutions and strategies across the franchise that address previously unmet needs.
- Proven expertise of product knowledge and proactively seeks creative and innovative ways to align MSD Oncology products with customer health strategies
Skills and role competencies:
- Results orientation with a proven track record of success for consistently meeting or exceeding sales/quantitative targets and qualitative objectives
- External orientation with a demonstrable ability to establish physician thought leader and other relevant stakeholder relationships
- Motivational acumen via strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to motivate/align action towards a shared vision and strategy.
- Ability to influence, and work effectively within a matrix and multi-cultural environment
- Analytic ability to evaluate performance data and refine deployment strategies
- Focus the organisation on delivering value for customers, including patients by fully understanding and meeting their needs
- Actively listen and seek to understand differing perspectives; work together to achieve the common goals the team
- Fluent German and English (both verbal and written); French language skills is advantageous
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job : Product Management/Marketing Job Title : Sr. Spclst, Marketing
Primary Location : EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Luzern
Employee Status : Regular
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings : 1
External Job Board Posting : Switzerland - Jobs.ch
Company Trade Name : MSD