Senior Credit Analyst
Head of Credit
Analyse credit risk for TCF transactions related to oils and gas, metals and soft commodities.
Tasks and responsabilities
· Senior Credit Analyst which could hold an alternate decision mandate and as such:
o sign off on transactions and limits if within local authority or advice to Head Office if outside local authority.
o Act as alternate for (Deputy) Head of Credit in credit committees and related meetings.
o Participate in hedge meetings as an alternate decision maker.
o Coach less experienced team members on transactions and files.
Apart from that the Senior Analyst will:
· Review the presentations of credit lines ensuring that all the information necessary for the decision-making is included in the write up;
· Provide a second opinion on the preliminary analysis made by Relationship Managers. Ensure that the financial statements are in line with ING policies and express an opinion on the financial situation of the customer;
· Check the existence and the conformity of source documents as well as the coherence of the presentation with the operations;
· Provide an independent and comprehensive opinion on the proposed risks, in particular financial and structure risks as well as reputation risk, the risk related to the operations, counterparty risk, price risk, country risk, political risk and provide concrete propositions to improve the structure and risks;
· Participate with consultative voice in the local Credit Committees, related meetings an projects;
· Discuss with ING Headquarter the decision process for credit lines exceeding the local competencies;
· Review Legal documentation and ensure proper administrative follow up of credit decisions;
Internal and External Communication Lines
· TCF relationship managers, Transaction Management Officers, Compliance, Operations, Legal, Decision makers head office, Financial markets.
· Excellent knowledge of the structured and corporate credits
· Good knowledge of the financing of the trading of goods (documentary instruments, terminology of the international trade finance)
· Usual Tools of office automation (Excel, Word)
· Analytical skills
· Time Management
· Rigor and precision
· Team spirit
· French : fluent
· English : fluent
Professional and Educational Experience Required (Including years and type of experience and necessary qualifications)
· University degree
· 7 years of lending experience, either within front office or risk, out of which at least 5 years in TCF
· Preferably candidate has held a decision mandate before.
· Preferably candidate has worked in a front office function.