Senior Automation Engineer (Chef, Puppet, vRA, vRO, Solarwinds, ELK)
BRINE SA is currently looking for a Senior Automation Engineer (Chef, Puppet, vRA, vRO, Solarwinds, ELK) for our Client in Basel.
Key Responsibilities Develop automated workflows for the Informatics infrastructure.
- Based upon experience and industry knowledge, the Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of automation tools leveraging several technologies, primarily vRA, vRO and Chef.
- The Automation Engineer is responsible to align the technology solutions with business requirements to ensure customer success.
- Provide technical/industry knowledge to guide solution development
- The Automation Engineer should have experience building and deploying automated solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of the IT industry and different technical solutions.
- Manage technical evaluations, POCs and make technology recommendations
- Effectively Analyze Technical Problems
- Develop clear and accurate documentation of the existing solutions and requirements
- Develop Technical Solutions
- Develop technical solutions that meet the customer requirements, meet security baselines, are cost effective, align with our overall technical roadmap, and integrate well with the existing infrastructure
- Document technical solutions, drive consensus around these with effective communication and outreach.
- Help develop project schedules and budgets
Ideal Background / Capabilities
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in any of the following roles
- Systems Engineer or Architect
- Systems Automation/Tools Developer/DevOps Engineer
- Cloud/Virtualization Engineer
- Minimum 3 Years developing technical solutions for automation
- Expertise with the following technology areas (must have):
- Virtualization: VMware, ESX, vCOPS
- Automation: vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, Chef, Jenkins
- Experience with the following (should have)
- Cloud technologies: AWS components
- Management: Solarwinds, ELK,
- Operating systems: Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Windows Server
- Utilities and Tools: DNS, LDAP, AD, Kickstart, YUM, Bitbucket, Git, IPAM (Infoblox)
- Experienced working on cross-functional teams/projects (on time, on spec, on quality and on budget)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to peers
- Strong hands-on personality, results-oriented, pragmatic, high quality standards, ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented, thorough, complete
- Experience in delivering large scale, secure and reliable services
- Experience with FOSS software solutions and integrating open source software.
- Willing to travel (globally)
- Fluency in English (knowledge of additional languages is an advantage)
- Scientific Background in Biology, Chemistry will be an advantage
- Experience in other Pharmaceutical, Academic or Biotech company will be an advantage
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV ASAP in Word format to Brine SA.
Work location: Basel
Salary: Local Market rate according to experience
Permit: EU permits
Ref. Nr.: HS2329