Data Operations Specialist
(Internship for 6 months)
We are looking for a proactive Data Operations Specialistto work in our Products & Engineering team to take over responsibility for data quality across multiple data categories including asset and company master data. The internship will last for 6 months.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Primary responsibilities include monitoring source data feeds, reviewing exception reports, cleansing data, overseeing data and ensuring quality data is fed to internal systems, creating canned and ad-hoc reports for internal clients, and responding to client inquiries
- Interface to data vendors. Analyze and compare available data sources and prepare decisions making
- Collaborate with our IT teams to implement and/or enhance tools and applications to support the data operations processes
- Implement data quality controls, workflows, and problem escalation and correction procedures
- Monitor alerts and reports, research discrepancies, resolve exceptions, and review and sign-off on data accuracy and completeness
- Manage investment universes data extraction and provide high quality data and reports in a timely manner to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in data management projects by providing subject matter expertise (for example on corporate actions and reference data implications) and participating in user acceptance testing.
- Act as an escalation point person for issues that require troubleshooting, detailed analysis and resolution management
Your qualifications and profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Basic database skills and the ability to write basic SQL statements for data investigation
- Basic understanding of IT concepts including FTP and batch file processing
- Experience working with data vendors such as Bloomberg, Factset, MSCI, etc.
- Expertise in data requirements for a broad set of master data (equities, bonds, and ESG data)
- Advanced data analysis skills using Excel, SQL and reporting tools to import, analyze and report on data
- Asset management industry experience with a broad understanding of associated data management needs
- Good understanding of data structures
- Analytical and structured thinking, with a keen interest in how things work
- Willingness to investigate issues and follow through to resolution
- Self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving skills with experience in maintaining data and defining operational processes
- Excellent communication skills will be useful, in order to clearly articulate data problems and resolutions to other departments
Drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity, and confidence are all qualities we are looking for.
If you are interested please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only full applications including a motivation letter and CV will be considered.
Founded in 1995, RobecoSAM is an investment specialist focused exclusively on Sustainability Investing. It offers asset management, indices, impact analysis and investment, sustainability assessments, and benchmarking services. Together with S&P Dow Jones Indices, RobecoSAM publishes the globally recognized Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) as well as the S&P ESG Factor Weighted, the first index family to treat ESG as a standalone performance factor using the RobecoSAM Smart ESG methodology.