Legal Counsel, Europe - Zurich
Legal Counsel, Europe – Zurich
For our global headquarter in Zurich we are looking for a qualified lawyer with working experience in Switzerland to step into a Legal Counsel role for Amcor Corporate.
This is a fantastic chance to work through all the levels and having a helicopter overview in global organisation.
Main duties will be following but not limited to:
- Legal assistance in drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements
- Providing advice on all aspects of corporate and commercial law (including those relating to Swiss company governance), compliance related matters, global acquisitions, treasury transactions and all other touch-points for the Corporate and head office functions globally.
- Managing the legal aspects of other matters that may arise in the Corporate group including software audits, transfer pricing related questions and employment questions.
- Assisting with managing litigation, arbitration and other arising in the Corporate group
- Assisting in managing the day to day governance of Amcor Group GmbH and Amcor’s other investment interests with the VP and General Counsel, Corporate.
- Managing online governance related tools, including those relating to the appointment of legal advisers, document approval and execution and compliance training.
- Assisting in managing the tender, appointment and ongoing operation of the Corporate Legal panel.
- Attending external legal briefings as necessary to fulfil the needs of the role.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Have a solid academic background
- Top tier law firm experience or experience in blue-chip corporate environment
- Business fluent German language skills
- Strong commercial acumen and judgment; willingness to make decisions
- Demonstrating style of “taking ownership” of matters and seeing them through
- Initiative, strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skills and be a trusted and valuable adviser.
- Good team player, prepared to act as a true business partner to the Corporate functions
- Strong attention to detail