ABB is a pioneer and the recognized market leader in the FACTS (flexible alternating current transmission systems) field. The team located in Turgi, Switzerland, develops and implements power electronics-based equipment and systems including Static Compensators (STATCOMs) and frequency converter systems in the power range up to 150 MVA. These are used by power utilities and industries across applications including static compensation for renewables, railway power supplies and hydro pumped-storage power plants. Stellenanzeige drucken
- Perform system design of power electronic converter systems such as Static Compensators (STATCOMs), Static Frequency Converters (SFC) and others during tender stage and continued during project execution, including customer visits.
- Take System Engineering responsibility during project execution and work as Project Engineer. Ensure engineering processes are followed as well as close collaboration with Sales, other Engineering departments, Project Management and Service department.
- System design tasks including simulations (e.g. harmonics, transients, …), performance calculations, component specifications for sub-suppliers as well as control, protection and testing concept definitions and documentation of design activities.
- Regular identification of risks and opportunities (including proposing mitigations) for systems and projects.
- Definition and evaluation of on site performance measurements.
- Ensure knowhow within System Engineering is continuously updated, expanded and maintained within team (visits of conferences, technical committee participations, publications).
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge in Power Electronics and/or Power Systems.
- Beyond that, you bring great knowledge in the field of power electronic or power system simulations.
- Strong communication and people skills with high focus on internal and external customers and their needs.
- Eagerness for learning and innovation, readiness of mind for the use of various new tools.
- Good knowledge in English language, German and others are a plus.
- Willingness to travel (~20%)
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area as System Engineer. ABB is able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis. Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers. ABB Switzerland Ltd. Elena Hermann Talent Partner Phone +41 58 589 25 77 www.facebook.com/ABBCareer www.xing.com/companies/abbschweizag www.linkedin.com/company/abb
Location:Turgi,Aargau,SwitzerlandContract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness Unit:Business Unit Grid IntegrationDate posted:2017-08-17Job function:Design and EngineeringPublication ID:CH61770554_E1
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com