Expected Travel:0 - 60%
Employment Type:Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Senior Solutions Consultant (SSC) role within the sales process is to fully understand a prospect’s business problem and construct a solution around that problem leveraging SAP products. The Senior Solutions Consultant exhibits a high level of sales and business maturity, operates independently in pre-sales activities and has the proven ability to quickly understand business problems and find the appropriate SAP technology offerings and differentiators. A Presales Senior Solutions Consultant (SSC) interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The Primary role of the Presales Senior Consultant during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that SAP solution can solve the customer’s problem and is the right choice over the other competitive offerings. During these cycles they often take on the role of a Solution Captain. In addition to deal support, a Presales Senior Consultant collaborates with sales and Industry Value Engineer teams to plan and execute business development strategies.
The Senior Solution Consultant (SSC) understands technical architecture and design expertise within the SAP Cloud based technologies, process and integration solutions space.
- Prospect Qualification: The SSC aids in qualifying prospects to assure they are well-aligned with SAP’s go-to market product and solution capabilities.
- Presales Lifecycle Management: The SSC provides high quality, business-oriented and technical support to the sales and pre-sales team to assure the product-oriented aspects of the sales campaign are strongly aligned with the business objectives of the prospect throughout the sales cycle.
- Account Management: The SSC owns key accounts from a technical and solution perspective, and in some ways from a Business perspective to identify ongoing opportunities and guide business users.
Essential Job Functions
Prospect and Customer Facing
- Own and progress opportunities through the qualification, definition, proof/evaluation, proposal and closure stages of the sales cycle with attention to timelines.
- Respond to the functional and business requirements and capabilities sections of RFI/RFPs
- Engage with the sales representative and prospect to ensure a prospect’s business needs can be addressed with SAP’s current and roadmap product capabilities.
- Listen, understand, and analyze the prospect’s business requirements and compose, validate, and present the best possible SAP solution
- Prepare and deliver value-based “fit to standard” software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation
- Lead teams of solution consultants on implementation of proof of value and customer demos. If no solutions consultants exist within the current structure, then the SSC will take care of this. Ensure the demonstration fulfills the prospect’s requirements and highlight and differentiate SAP’s capabilities.
- Work with other SSCs to define the prospect’s target solution architecture that fulfills their business objectives. Work with the Sales to structure the proposal that meets the prospect’s target architecture.
- Prospect and Customer Technical/Solution Liaison
- Establish trust relationships with customers and prospects and understand their objectives. Solicit and provide product feedback from customers and prospects.
- Participate in meetings and conferences with customers and partners to serve as a liaison between SAP internal organizations such as Technical Support and Product Research and Development.
- Advise internal senior management on the technical and business strategy within active deals.
- Maintain alignment with Marketing and Product Management of exiting and Future SAP Cloud Suite capabilities and help drive product innovation.
- Keep up to date with any new SAP Cloud Solutions across the business lines. Understand functionality and interoperability of SAP components.
- Collect and communicate competitive intelligence from the field
- Be a Go-To Person on competitive information for Products, Process, Industry and Verticals
- Exchange best practices and share knowledge within SA and Presales Community
- Guide Solution Consultants and Presales in Technical and Business situations to become more effective in handling objections and customer challenges
- Experience engaging with senior leaders (CxO level) on various solutions and business problems. Able to listen and analyze a prospect’s requirements and present to a compelling business value message of a solution
- Possess deep and expert knowledge of: finance, procurement, order to cash, manufacturing, supply chain or projects
- Demonstrated ability to present business solutions to executive levels with a focus on solutions selling
- Provide presales support to the largest, most well-qualified deals
- Ability to, review and augment Proof Of Value documents, and various project plans involving SAP technologies.
- Able to work independently and multi-task while managing multiple customer opportunities at a time
- Ability to give guidance and consult with customers on various levels of the organization.
Business and Leadership Skills
- Demonstrate a team attitude and leadership
- Ability to act as a mentor due to outstanding character, judgment and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and deliver on deadlines
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise product briefings
- Proven ability to unearth business requirements & Drivers
- Proven ability to map business drivers & initiatives to technology offering & differentiators
- Able to lead teams of solution consultants on Proof Of Values, Solution/Architecture Planning and custom demos.
- Ability to lead Discovery and Customer First Assessment Meetings to identify business value and ROI for complex business challenges
Technology and Consultative Skills
- Strong understanding of SAP’s Products including internal Architecture, with an ability to leverage these in the sales cycle.
- Strong experiences with implementation of SAP technologies in customer projects or Proof of Values.
- Expert in providing best practices to customers and helping with IT Strategy and implementation planning related to SAP Cloud solutions domain
- Have good Technical/Solution understanding and speaking knowledge about SAP's Cloud products and capabilities
Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Or Similar Qualification Or Work Experience
- “Excellent” experience in Consultative and Solution Selling Presales role
- Understanding of business infrastructure technology, Experience with Internet software development concepts
- Experience with Business Infrastructure concepts (SOA, BPM, BAM, EAI,API)
- Very strong in depth knowledge of SAP core technologies or Similar ERP technologies
- Cloud Technology and Solution Experience
- SaaS Cloud Model Experience
SAP (Schweiz) AG - Ausgezeichnet als einer der 6 besten Arbeitgeber in der Schweiz 2017 durch das Great Place to Work Institute®.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comor Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, Engineer, Business Development, SAP, Technology, Engineering, Sales