Expected Travel:0 - 10%
Employment Type:Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Ability to influence the top 100 customers in Switzerland with creativity and personal impact on the edge of the SAP innovation portfolio.
- Help our customers reap the benefits of their strategic SAP investments for the digital future ahead
- Extraordinary possibility for individual development within the no. 1 business software company
- Possibility to develop the Swiss market and gain high visibility and reputation internally and externally
- Excellent working conditions within a world-class team
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF JOB
In the continuous effort to discover value and show relevant USPs of SAP solutions in the age of digital transformation, the Business Development team is responsible for identifying new business opportunities. As Business Developer you manage the innovation pipeline to support short and long-term success of SAP Switzerland. In your responsibility for the SAP technology platform you guide our customers how to best transform their existing landscape into a digital core based on S/4 HANA. With a solid solution understanding of today`s software development and technology concepts she/he will drive the business development process to create awareness, raise demand and to support deals. The Business Developer thereby works together with customers and prospects in areas of IT strategy and business analysis to develop internal and external transformation plans with clear TCO and ROI. The Business Development team is a high impact organization of people with expert knowledge in value selling methodologies, SAP solutions and cutting-edge technology as well as digital transformation know-how. We are looking at a strong individual contributor with industry background and potential for leadership.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Technology thought leadership: Deep know-how in enterprise information management, master data governance and data warehousing concepts. Familiar with state-of-the art enterprise software management, architecture, technologies and vendors (SAP, Oracle, MS, Sybase, Teradata …). Experience in enterprise architecture, software re-design and large scale transformation projects.
- Definition of Go-to-Market strategy: Ability to operate across organizational boundaries, to influence staff and to have an impact on the internal and external technology community. Develop a go-to-market strategy in close alignment with the SAP solutions portfolio, market trends and overall SAP strategy.
- Influence and research local market characteristics: Work with local organizations and communities that impact the platform technology market. Discover trends that impact the customer installed base. Become active member of social and other communities in the Swiss platform technology market
- Manage demand generation activities by leveraging and adapting SAP Sales Plays and program managing campaigns towards the market. In this process, be the interface to Marketing, Sales and towards customers directly to achieve the pipeline targets.
SALES & DEAL SUPPORT
- Responsible for value discovery which includes the development of value propositions / business cases with qualitative and quantified monetary benefits
- Create value-based roadmaps that help SAP sales and customers create a strategy for software purchase decisions
- Align with customer contacts on executive and operational level to manage scope and expectations
- Thought leader, delivering high-quality final presentations to customer executives
- Orchestrate and moderate internal and external workshops leveraging common methodologies and Design Thinking to drive the digital transformation of customers
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years of experience in general IT architectures and ERP processes, consulting and processes
- Background in demand generation, consultative selling and convincing customers or respective company-internal functions
- Knowledgeable about how organizations and communities work; knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures; understands cultures of organizations and communities. Orchestrate cross-functional and virtual teams effectively and efficiently (people, funding, materials, support)
- Strong analytical skills and structured way of self-management
- Executive communication skills (German and English), able to deliver clear, convincing and well-organized presentations. Credibility even in highly visible and/or challenging situations
- Deep understanding of economic figures, company KPIs and business processes. Ability to deal with financial figure and strategy discussions
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comor Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: Developer, SAP, ERP, Consulting, Data Warehouse, Technology