Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an IT Business Partner in our Zurich, Switzerland office.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism
: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future
for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
A Typical Day Will Include:
As an IT Business Partner working on the Enterprise Applications & Digital Services Team,
you will be empowered to be a liaison and strategic partner to the business and provide leadership to the functional area, the IT strategy development and portfolio’s including projects, services and investments, to enable efficient operations, innovation and organization goals. Oversee and manage the use and development of IT solutions for the Takeda Business Services (TBS) organisation; using a consultative approach and partner with stakeholders to create strategic alliances, act a as broker and advocate for technology needs, including project and shared services; align with major IT Service Providers. Provide leadership on the execution of the Global IT Strategy aligned with the functional area, based on a deep and thorough understanding of the business, the use of technologies and how new / emerging technologies can provide business values. Oversee, influence and manage the budget planning and IT investments in the functional area and control the financial integrity and alignment of IT investments ensuring effective and efficient operational continuity as well as maximizing business value of global and local initiatives. Build and lead a productive and collaborative organization with a high-performing, innovative and aligned culture.
- Oversee and provide leadership to the functional area of TBS and overall leadership to the organisation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the end-to-end vision for TBS, an aligned IT strategy and implement and drive the strategy to long-term, multi-year IT roadmaps, programs and operation plans in order to meet TBS goals.
- Investigate, gain support and implement emerging technologies that can provide business value to TBS.
- Lead and manage the TBS IT planning process and budget discussions towards an agreed and prioritized annual investment portfolio. Prepare annual budgets, lead forecasting for investment portfolio’s to insights and the control of services, projects and personnel costs.
- Challenge existing best practices, drive and lead the development of business cases - including ROI/KPI frameworks - to support, improve and/or transform business operations, processes and strategies.
- Manage and collaborate with Service Integration and Management to ensure that appropriate service design and transition work has been conducted prior to transitioning from project to run teams.
- Manage and collaborate with IT Service Management to define and deliver application support across the TBS landscape.
- Manage and provide expectation of service levels (OLA or SLAs) and performance to the service management organization and is able to expert complex advantages, drawbacks and costs of technologies used by TBS.
- Manage and provide visible leadership to the teams, project, portfolio’s and initiatives; ensure an effective transition to appropriate service management teams, make sure that dependencies are understood, managed and communicated and create a positive work environment.
- Identify, develop and strengthen stakeholder relationships both internal and external to the organization that extend cross-functionally across all levels of the organization.
- Drive technology awareness and cultivate internal demand by leading stakeholder education and awareness initiatives
- Is a trusted advisor to TBS stakeholders, such that the business seeks out input and advice prior to making technology or project decisions.
- Lead effective and proactive communications with stakeholders of all activities related to IT, including the benefits and impact of enterprise IT projects
- Drive and make decisions related to prioritized investments in support of TBS, including service portfolio and associated SLAs and on organizational alignment and resource allocation.
- Monitor and ensure documentation according to Takeda Quality Management System (QMS), Software Development Life Cycle and Project Life Cycle standards policies and procedures.
- Oversee and control delivered solutions are compliant with associated federal regulations (SOX, OFCCP, labour laws, GMP, GxP, GCP, etc.).
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with IT and business leaders across the Global IT and Takeda organisation.
- Communicate issues and successes up and down the group and align globally.
- Develop, challenge and share a deep understanding of which technologies TBS uses and why.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years working in information technology with 3+ years managing and/or directing technology projects and the management and delivery of technology solutions
- 3+ years in an IT role supporting pharmaceutical global business services
- 3+ years working in the Life Sciences industry
- Experience in building relationships with partners, stakeholders, technology vendors, providers and innovators; negotiates fairly, clearly stating ideas and persuading others to build support across a matrixed organization; employs a consultative approach to confront conflict positively.
- Able to convey information to diverse audiences in a way that is actionable and works in line with the organization’s mission, values, strategy, operations, structure and goals.
- Experience in Digital (Social, Mobile, Analytics & Cloud) Technologies – Understands and champions new ways of interacting with customers, as well as new approaches for how people communicate and work. Masters the tenets of analysing information as an organizational resource, which includes data analytics, storage and security. Navigates the spectrum of cloud computing, SaaS and internally-hosted infrastructure to design the best solutions to business problems.
- Extensive experience in leading teams, inspires growth, challenge and innovation; is result driven, takes responsibilities, fulfils commitments and is able to develop high performing individuals and teams
- Experience in analysing, articulating and championing alternative technology solutions in the best interest of clients
- Able to seek opportunities for a broadened vocabulary of digital concepts; challenges established norms so as to realign and reimagine technology ensuring fit with Takeda’s Digital Strategy while contributing to improved outcomes for patients, HCPs, and payers.
- Experience in building and sharing an IT Community Mind-set; promotes sharing of information and resources; cooperates with peers and stakeholders, placing customer needs above individual/departmental priorities; espouses a global view of Takeda, celebrates community-minded behaviour in others and takes an overall IT perspective when making decisions.
- International travel required, anticipate 20-30%.
- Advanced university degree in business or technology, such as an MBA
Empowering Our People to Shine