Procurement Finance Business Partner
Procurement Finance Business Partner Apply Now Job ID 1703247 Date posted01/12/2018 Location Zurich, Switzerland;
This position leads financial controlling for Global Procurement to plan, model, and develop accurate and timely financial information to stimulate and support business decision-making in line with Takeda’s procurement strategy, and in compliance with external accounting and tax regulations, while it will also liaise closely with Global and Business Finance stakeholders within Takeda.
The position will act as a partner to the Global CPO, challenging the status quo and debating strategic issues and opportunities to support ambitious growth. It will participate fully as a member of the procurement leadership team, pro-actively and positively involved in all key business decisions affecting the function with an ability to support the development of senior management effectiveness..
Leads financial controlling activities for procurement, including the consolidation process, financial reporting oversight, and ownership of data management and structures
Builds and leads a team that also provides regional support for the procurement teams
- Advises on financial components of global procurement contracts to ensure Takeda achieves best value
- Ensures that effective financial systems are in place globally for Procurement to deliver rolled up global savings information to agreed time, quality and budget standards
- Develops, maintains processes and leads review meetings with Procurement teams where savings are projected, tracked, and recorded accurately at global, functional and country level
- Manages and monitors trade payables improvement, liaising with Procurement Operations to ensure a robust process is in place.
- Coordinate with relevant Business Unit Finance and Global Finance stakeholders to embed Procurement savings for budget exercises
- Acts as the final procurement escalation point for any rejected savings claims and provides avenue for resolution
- Provides strategic direction to the ongoing evolution and revision of the Procurement spend and save guidelines
- Ensures the procurement and Finance community have a robust method of regular training in place to drive consistent and routine adoption of the spend and save guidelines
- Owns, creates and publishes a regular update of the Procurement Balanced Scorecard and monthly results reporting
- Provides strategic direction and monitoring of the global procurement budget of over $65 million ensuring timely submission during the planning cycle and not exceeded during each financial year
- Is the primary point of contact for any audits of the global procurement function
- Develops financial components of procurement policies that can be used globally
- Take responsibility to speak to relevant stakeholders of the company when required (ie. Business procurement controllers, global/ local finance, suppliers, business partners)
- Acts as the financial expert to the procurement community advising on options such as: payment term benefits, supply chain financing, tax incentive procurement, etc
- Responsible for advising and verifying any business cases submitted to the BRC/BOD per the T-Map process eg transformational budget requests
Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
Requires approximately 25% travel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
At least 12 years of experience in financial analysis, planning, corporate accounting and operations accounting
Proven management/leadership skills in developing an organization and managing staff
Understanding of moderately complex accounting concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
High proficiency in financial analysis methods, tools and concepts to prepare forecasts and perform analyses
Strong analytical and computer skills, including knowledge of Excel, SAP and other software systems
Effective decision making and problem solving skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
Excellent attention to detail and organizational/project management skills
- Significant financial management experience
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Basic understanding of tax matters
Proven ability to work effectively across an organization with multiple functional areas
Ability to work successfully in a dynamic fast-paced organization and identify and resolve operational issues