Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
lastminute.com group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry, and we operate a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
Lastminute.com group is looking for a Junior ETL Developer for its Data Analytics team based in Chiasso.
Key Responsibilities will include
● Deliver and support continuous improvement in delivery practices, applying engineering best practices and Agile techniques in a data warehouse context
● Contribute substantially to the Data Warehouse ETL development lifecycle, including developing and testing ETL applications (for example with Talend, Dataflow, etc.)
● Hands-on database development with SQL (data-type conversions, joins, filters, translations, aggregation, de-normalization, etc) and query tuning on Distributed DBs
● Able to think creatively whilst also writing logical, comprehensive, concise reports and correspondence
● Monitoring and testing automation on Data Analytics core processes
Skills and Experience
● 1+ years experience developing ETL processes, data modeling and data warehousing architecture and design
● 1+ years experience in Data Warehouse environments
● Understanding of ETL, data modeling and data warehousing architecture and design with proven working experience
● Knowledge of SQL language
● Detail-oriented with a passion for technical quality
● High analytical skills
● Fluent in Italian and English is mandatory. Any other language is a plus
● Knowledge of HP Vertica database
● Knowledge of Google Data Flow and/or Talend
● Knowledge of Hadoop Distributed File System
● Previous experience on Agile methodology
● Dataloading on Big Data
● Java knowledge and ability to do basic data entry web pages