Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 225380BR Position Title Executive Assistant - Legal & Compliance Dept Division ALCON Business Unit LEGAL AL Country Switzerland Work Location Geneva Company/Legal Entity Alcon Management SA Functional Area Facilities and Administration Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description Executive Assistant - Legal & Compliance Dept
Purpose of position
The EMEA Legal & Compliance Assistant is responsible for delivering general and complex administrative and organizational support to a team of lawyers and compliance officers in a regional context.
General administrative support:
• Independently manages general and complex administrative tasks following guidelines and in defined time frames
• Support the Head of Legal and Compliance for the Region, as well as the Regional Compliance Officer and their teams located in Geneva, Switzerland
• Handle general administrative tasks independently: printing, writing of correspondence, preparation of draft presentations after basic instructions, answering the phone on behalf of team, replying to e-mails from internal customers, filing of documents and e-mails, keeping binders and files up to date, meeting preparation, control over team’s calendars
• Communicate and deal with internal customers on behalf of and during lawyers and compliance officers’ absence to coordinate requests, assign tasks and activities as needed to ensure smooth on-going of daily business
• Support preparation of contracts by implementing changes and amendments, formatting and numbering, as well as collection of signatures to ensure duly execution.
• Organize travels and business trips of teams.
• Manage travel expenses for all travels.
• Maintain physical and electronic archiving of all legal documents in a safe/contract database to ensure completeness of all contracts and other records
• Support optimization of existing processes in the Legal & Compliance Function
• Deputize for admin staff in other departments as needed
Additional tasks / project responsibilities:
• Organize regional legal and compliance meetings and events (Functional Meetings, Webinars, Trainings, etc.)
• Participate in team meetings as well as Compliance Committee Meetings, Country Compliance Officers Calls, take, draft and properly archive minutes and follow up on action items to ensure they are completed on time
• BPO: Ensure proper BPO case filing in the region and assist the Regional Compliance Officer on the follow up of lessons learnt and recommended actions to ensure cases are closed on time.
• AP3: Assist the Regional Compliance Officer on the follow up of country organizations in the implementation of the various compliance projects.
• Data Privacy: Assist the Compliance Team in implementing the Data Privacy requirements in the local Geneva organization
• CLC: Assist the Compliance Team in implementing the CLC requirements in the local Geneva organization
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-ALC Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• College degree in business or a related field is required. An MBA or related advanced degree is desirable
• The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a multicultural and fast paced environment and able to deal with intensive agenda/travel planning for 2 Managers and teams
• In-depth understanding of business processes and functions.
• Knowledge of standard office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project and Outlook)
• Organizational skills
• Fluency in English essential Knowledge of at least one other European language preferred, French is an asset.
Alcon and the Novartis Group of companies are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons