Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 227214BR Position Title Medical Operations Manager (IIT & Grants) Division ALCON Business Unit RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT AL Country Switzerland Work Location Geneva Company/Legal Entity Alcon Management SA Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description Medical Operations Manager (IIT & Grants)
Purpose of position
The purpose of the Medical Operations Manager role is to manage all Investigator Initiated Trials (IIT) related operational activities on a region EMEA level and to ensure oversight and control for IITs regionally
The successful candidate will manage the ownership and maintenance of regional IIT processes, guidelines, forms and tools and drive continuous improvement by alignment of relevant stakeholders globally and locally.
• Identify gaps and mitigate risks for EMEA IIT management , ensuring IITs are followed and conducted within the terms of the agreement, payments are managed according to completion milestones, and in respect of all applicable legal and ethical requirements
• Identify gaps and mitigate risks for sustainable IIT management, manage and lead the regional IIT office in order to ensure appropriate region oversight and control for IITs through clear objectives, milestones and communication
• Be the operational business manager for IITs; organize and manage the integrated calendar of events as necessary.
• Coordinate the review and sign-off of regional IIT activities, processes and materials by Management in line with Alcon policies and procedures
• Lead the communication strategy for IITs and ensure information is cascaded to country affiliates and business franchises in an accurate, concise and timely manner; manage information requests from senior management of IIT involved functions
• Directs and manages in EMEA region the administration of Alcon’s research grant program, demonstrating effectiveness, accountability and good stewardship. Ensuring the grant strategy is in relation to the overall and the regional CDMA strategy, and managing the review and approval process of Grant requests on a regional basis.
• Serves as scientific coordinator of the regional Research Grant Committee, whose members are executives from Legal, Compliance and Integrity, and Regional Medical Affairs departments.
• Under the leadership of the compliance Committee, provides control on the final disposition of research grant requests, ensuring fiscal accountability, good stewardship and adherence to all corporate, and global regulatory requirements.
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-ALC Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in clinical research, clinical studies / clinical project management is essential to be fully operational in the position
• Fluency in English is essential, additional languages desired.
• Stakeholder management experience in a matrix environment ideal
• Process driven, compliance focused candidate
Alcon and the Novartis Group of companies are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons