CIBTvisas’s goal of personalised customer service is only possible with the support of an excellent team. The CIBTvisas standard for accurate, efficient, and dedicated service is personified by each member of the CIBTvisas team. As a service driven organisation, CIBTvisas is committed to hiring people with a true customer focus and a standard of excellence that aligns with our corporate mission.
Job Title:Visa Consultant
Location:Bern oder Genf
Hours of work:A minimum 40 hours per week excluding meal breaks. Flexibility as shift rotation is essential.
Main Purpose of the Role
The role of the Visa Consultant is a high quality customer service oriented role that drives the customer satisfaction of the CIBTvisas experience. The position of a Visa Consultant is to provide a high level of service which includes the visa processing of all visa applications. Some of the main responsibilities include the handling of the application process, liaising with clients where documentation is incorrect or incomplete, working with clients to meet realistic expectations, resolving any issues that arise and working closely with your wider team and Team Leader Manager to ensure a successful outcome is reached.
The operating hours within the team are 07.30 and 17.30 so we will require the Visa Consultant to be flexible in their personal shift to experience both opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain deep content knowledge on all aspects of CIBTvisas’s business process to complete orders, systems capabilities and CIBTvisas policy and procedure.
- Maintain office process flows that achieve maximum efficiencies and productivity
- Provide accurate information for all visa information requests
- Ensure all applications are opened and processed within the specific times frames.
- Answer directed calls and emails in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure action list and critical list is actioned and kept up to date.
- Ensure accurate information is being provided to clients upon their visa request.
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreement (SLA’s) standards are met or exceeded.
- Be flexible in shift rotation to create a true sense of team work
- Work closely with other areas across the business to support ongoing improvement
- To undertake all other reasonable duties as requested by the Team Leader and/or Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all required travel documents are returned to the traveller in accordance with their date required.
- Ensure Health and Safety policy is understood and carried out.
- To work with professionalism, honesty and integrity maintaining confidentiality
- To treat all colleagues fairly, with respect, impartially and consistency.
Person Specification (E = essential, D = desirable)
- Previous Visa processing experience
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work the demanding hours required of the role
- Proven strong analytical ability
- Bachelors Degree in Business (or other relevant topic) or equivalent level of qualification
Key Competencies Required to be Successful in the Role (and used in the selection process)
- Coping with pressures and set backs
- Adhering to principles and values
- Working with people
- Following instructions and procedures
- Adapting and responding to change
For general enquires pertaining to CIBTvisas, please contact Human Resources at