PLACEMENT SERVICES is a modern and dynamic personnel service enterprise and is focused on high quality recruitment, selection and placement of specialists and executive staff in various sectors. As an experienced partner we are looking for attractive jobs for our candidates and satisfy the personnel needs of our clients.
For our client in the Zurich area we are seeking an experienced and independent personality as
Software Developer - 3D Web UI-UX
- Contribute to the design and development of Esri’s default 3D web viewer in order to help define a seminal Esri user experience for editing and exploring 3D content in the browser. (40%)
- Implement user interface components for our JS API that can be used in the default 3D web viewer as well as other web apps working with 3D maps. (40%)
- Conceptualize, design, develop and test innovative web app prototypes on top of our JS API for (1) demonstration on conferences and customer meetings, (2) prototyping vertical apps together with our solutions/services teams and business partners, (3) supporting our research activities with universities such as ETH Zurich or Stanford, and (4) creating educational web app programming examples. (20%)
- Work closely with the JS API and CityEngine software developers and product engineers in a highly interactive, creative environment; interact with users in order identify and articulate their needs; research 3D UX practices and push the state of the art.
- Minimum of two years of industry experience in a software development company, including hands-on product design; team programming; and experience with building and shipping software products
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detailed, innovative and empathic design; excellent spatial sense; all-rounder design skills (interaction, UI, visual, and motion design) for taking on multiple aspects of a project; good intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization or cartography
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate the reasoning for deciding from among multiple explorations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, cartography, architecture, or a related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight schedules
- Background in 3D computer graphics, and real-time rendering
- Experience in using Agile software development methods (SCRUM etc)
- Familiarity with GIS software in general, with emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Houdini, Blender or similar
We look forward to receive your application with photo in electronic form, which you can send us by email to .