Senior Data Engineer - Infrastructure
As a Data Engineer in DevOps, you will be part of an empowered team that plays a key part in building and enhancing our future cloud and container-based infrastructure. You will work closely together with engineers from other teams and help them to successfully run their code on the platform we provide.
With 400 + employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The DevOps team plays a central role in scaling, automating and managing core parts of our cloud-based infrastructure. We act as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. We are currently moving to a modern, container-based microservice architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Airflow, Spark, Scala, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Be the anchor in our DevOps team when it comes to setting up data heavy services for production.
- Build and scale our cloud-based data infrastructure and help align it with the rest of our production infrastructure
- Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems for data pipelines that feed back into our customer facing systems.
- Scale and improve our data infrastructure including making it more cost efficient.
- Support the tooling and infrastructure for our events pipeline and work with data scientists, backend engineers and product managers improve reliability
- Develop software that helps with our automation and facilitates deployment for other teams.
- Be responsible for roles and permissions regarding our data, backup/restore solutions and similar tooling.
- Personal drive and willingness to help build our data engineering skills in the Zürich office.
- Experience in Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Strong coding skills in at least one programming language. We use Python, Java and Scala among others
- Experience with orchestration tools.
- Skilled at using and configuring monitoring tools for data pipelines
- You have hands-on experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, Redis)
- Good understanding of distributed systems and container technology
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English.
- You enjoy solving problems using open source software
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are key to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences!